With the help of the Xbox 360 emulator, you can play specific games on the computer. This emulator acts as an Xbox console on the device. It helps to play many games such as League of Legends, Minecraft, etc. If you are an Xbox user, you might find that it is not working properly in Windows 10 device. There are many reasons for this error. So, if the driver is corrupted or outdated, this problem can arise.
Sometimes, a poor emulator battery or a broken USB port might be the reason. But whatever be the reason, you need to resolve the Xbox emulator issues at the earliest.
Ways to Fix Issues with the Xbox 360 Emulator
In this section, we have discussed some of the effective solutions that you can implement on your own to fix the Xbox 360 emulator. So, if it not working for a PC or any other device, make sure to perform the steps carefully.
Also Read: Xbox One Controller Keeps Disconnecting
Solution 1: Manually Update the Xbox 360 Emulator Driver
If you don’t know how to update the Xbox emulator manually, then go through the steps that are mentioned below. Before applying the steps, check whether the controller is plugged in or not.
- Sometimes, it can be possible that you have installed the Xbox 360 Accessories by default. Then, go to the Control Panel to uninstall these Accessories.
- After that, press the Windows key and X at the same time on the keyboard and select the Device Manager.
- Head over to the top bar to select the “View” option followed by the “Show Hidden Devices”.
- Now, check where the Xbox 360 driver is installed. You will find this under the “Universal Serial Bus controllers” category. Sometimes, you might find this option under the “Universal Serial Bus devices” as well. Also, you can find it under the Xbox 360 Peripherals.
- Decide which device driver is perfect for the Xbox 360 emulator. Then, right-click on that device driver followed by the “Uninstall” option.
- Now, you need to tick the checkbox next to “Delete the driver software for this device” and then click on the OK.
Next, reboot the PC and make sure to plug in the device. With the help of Windows OS, you will be able to install the latest version of the Xbox 360 emulator. But, remember that Windows might not find the latest version of the driver.
Solution 2: Update the Xbox 360 Emulator Driver
Often, due to the outdated driver, you might observe the Xbox 360 emulator for PC is not working. If you want to avoid corruption in drivers, you need to update the Xbox emulator to the latest version. So, go through the steps cited below to update the emulator.
- Navigate to the Device Manager to expand the Xbox 360 Peripherals.
- Now, you need to find out the Xbox 360 Receiver for Windows 10 and make sure that it is wireless.
- Sometimes, you might not find the correct driver for this emulator. But, you can find the correct driver in “Other Devices. You can even locate it in the “Network adapters” section as well.
- Next, right-click on the Xbox 360 emulator followed by selecting the “Uninstall” option.
- Now, click on the “Scan for Hardware Changes” option or you can even restart the computer.
- After that, Windows 10 will start installing the Xbox 360 Emulator driver automatically.
If you want to update the driver for an advanced or customized device, then turn on the Driver Booster. This tool will help you to download and update the tool securely.
Moreover, if you want to download and update the latest drivers for Windows 10, go to the official site of the Xbox Emulator.
Recommended Post: Xbox One Startup Error
Solution 3: Uncheck the Power Management
Power Management can be the reason behind the failure of the Xbox emulator. To fix this issue, uncheck the feature of Power Management by performing the following steps.
- Navigate to the Xbox Peripherals and right-click on the Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver to launch the Properties.
- After that, head over to the “Power Management” tab in order to uncheck the “Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power”.
Click the OK button and reboot your system. Hopefully, the issues with your Xbox 360 will be resolved after this.
Solution 4: Check for the Windows Update
You can apply the latest Windows Update in order to fix the Xbox 360 emulator if it is not working somehow. With the help of the Windows 0 embedded-in tool, you will be able to keep the controller driver up to date.
- Navigate to the Settings, then click on the “Update and Security” option.
- After that, go to Windows Update and click on the “Check for Updates” option.
Now, you will find that Windows 10 will start checking your gaming software drivers. Thereafter, it will install the correct and up-to-date drivers that include the Xbox 360 emulator software.
Solution 5: Check the Battery of the Xbox 360 Emulator
If the batteries of the Xbox 360 Emulator are not working properly, then you might encounter this issue. To fix the issue, insert a new AA battery pack into the Xbox 360 emulator.
It can also be possible that you are a consumer using rechargeable batteries for the Xbox controller. So, in order to fix this issue, make sure the batteries are fully recharged. Then, inspect whether the Xbox 360 emulator is working properly or not.
Solution 6: Change the USB Port
If the USB port is broken, you might find the Xbox emulator is not working. In order to check the broken USB port, plug the controller into another USB 2.0 or 3.0 port.
Besides, you can plug the emulator into different USB ports for testing them as well. You can even reconnect the controller to a different USB receiver in order to fix the blinking issues of the Xbox Emulator.
Hopefully, after performing these solutions, you will be able to fix the Xbox 360 emulator, which might now work on Windows 10 without any hassle.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How to Connect the Xbox 360 Emulator to a Computer Through the USB Port?
Ans: Plug the USB connector into a USB port to connect the controller on your computer. But, if you are using a wireless emulator, insert the Xbox wireless gaming receiver into a USB port to connect the controller.
2. How to Connect the Xbox 360 Emulator to the Computer?
Ans: Connect the controller to the network and update the Xbox emulator. After that, download the Windows Media Player 11 and then change the settings. Next, open and play a shared media file or game.