If you are a gamer, we are pretty sure you must have heard about an outstanding survival game called Rust. As we all know, it is similar to games like DayZ and ARMA 2 and deals with stuff like nature, zombies, wilderness, etc.
Recently, after its update to the alpha client, there have been many issues concerning the game. There have been a lot of crashes lately and the players are unable to play it. Keeping that in mind, we are presenting you with some effective methods by which you can resolve this problem.
Table of Contents
Causes of Rust Crashing
Game crashings are quite specific and not so random. Gamers have been complaining about the rust crashes lately. They further keep adding “ rust keeps crashing when I join a server”.
Although there are no such significant causes behind rust crashing, still this section covers all the causes related to rust crashing issue. So, let’s take a brief look at it.
- The first and foremost cause of rust crashing can be related to low virtual memory and it can be resolved easily by increasing the size of the current page.
- Rust crashing is related to old graphic drivers. You may face this issue due to any corrupted graphic drivers.
- Also, it can be related to too much consumption of resources from DirectxX11 thus make sure to switch to Directx9.
Fixes for Rust Crashing
Now that you have enough knowledge regarding rust crashing and the causes related to it, let’s take a look into some of the easy fixes that will definitely provide you relief from this problem successfully.
Solution 1: Steam Beta Participation
A very efficient way to get rid of the crashing issue is by Steam Beta Program. This has been very helpful for people who suffered from this issue. So, let’s see how you can fix rust crashing successfully with Steam Beta.
- Start the Steam client by double-clicking on the desktop icon. You can do so by searching for them on the Start menu and then clicking on the final result.
- Following that, make sure to select the Steam option from the menu and choose Settings. After this, stay in the Account tab and after that under the beta participation, select the change option.
- After doing so, you will notice a window opening under Beta participation. Thus, click on the drop-down menu and select “None- opt out all beta programs” setting. After doing so, make sure to reopen Steam and launch the game Rust. Lastly, check for any crashes if it still persists.
Solution 2: Increase the Paging File Size
No matter what game issue you are suffering from, this method will help you to get rid of the problem almost instantly. Adding extra page file memory grants some extra push to it, thereby providing you additional memory.
- First of all, right-click on the This PC option of your desktop or File Explorer and after that, select the Properties option.
- Following that, make sure to click on the Advanced system settings button which should be present at the right side of the window.
- After that, move to the Advanced option present in the Performance section.
- Click on the Setting option so that you can easily navigate to the Advanced tab window.
- You will notice a virtual memory section. Select the Change option. If you see that “Automatically manage paging file size for all drives” checkbox is marked, unmark it and select the drive to store the memory of the paging file.
- Choose the correct disc and select the radio button beside Custom size. By allocating two gigabytes extra, you can solve the problem without any hassle.
Solution 3: Update Your Graphic Card Driver
This is one of the best options to try in order to solve the issues related to your games. Graphics card drivers are responsible for a successful connection between the computer and graphic cards. Thus, follow the steps given below to update your graphic card driver successfully.
- Go to Start and search for “Device Manager”. Choose the first option.
- To launch the Run dialog box, tap on the Windows key and R key together.
- Following that, type “devmgmt.msc” and click on Ok.
- Just below the Display adapter section, make sure to right-click on your graphics card.
- Select the Uninstall device option.
- After that, if you notice any dialogues or prompts for uninstallation, confirm them and wait for the completion of the process.
- After doing so, provide the details regarding your graphic card and click on the Search option.
- You will notice a list of available drivers. Choose the recent entry and select its name. After that click on the Download button.
- Lastly, save it on your PC, open it and keep following the instructions for a successful installation.
The above measures are some of the ways by which you can get rid of the issue Rust keeps crashing. Apart from that, these measures will also help you get rid of the continual crashes of Rust.
But if you notice that the problem still persists, it is better to consult a professional who is well recognized in this sector. Also, please let us know whether these techniques were helpful for you or not. Comment down your experience below.