Just like Facebook, Instagram is also a social networking site where you can post, comment, share, and chat with other people around the world. There are various kinds of videos, which we want to watch online and offline as well. But, Instagram doesn’t allow us to download photos and videos.
Here, we will discuss how to download video from Instagram as well as video stories with a few simple steps. We will also explain how to download them on mobile as well as on PC. So, follow the steps carefully and enjoy your downloaded Instagram videos.
Table of Contents
Steps to Download Video from Instagram
In order to download the videos, just follow the steps that are given below.
- Open Instagram and sign-in with your account user id and password. Click to play the video that you want to download.
- You will see three vertical dots that are present on the upper right corner of the screen.
- Now, click on the “Copy Link” option and open any secured online video downloader website.
- Paste the link on the given box and wait for the webpage to process the link. You will see multiple options showing the downloadable video size and quality.
- We recommend you to select the best quality and download it.
These are the general steps that might vary from one device to another. Let us have a look at the steps to download videos to PC as well as on mobile phones and tablets.
Download Instagram Videos for PC
The steps to download videos from Instagram to your computer is almost the same as the steps given above. But, you must keep in mind a few things.
If you use the Windows Operating System, then we advise you to open your default browser (IE, Edge). When you are using the Macintosh Operating System, we recommend you to use Safari for downloading Instagram videos.
How to Download Instagram Videos for Android Devices?
To download videos from Instagram to your Android handset, you need to follow the instructions which are given below.
- Download the Instagram application from the Google Play Store and install it. If the app is already present, then download and install the “Video Downloader for Instagram” app.
- Open the Instagram post where your desired video is present. Next, play the video and tap on the three vertical dots, then select the “Copy Link” option.
- As soon as you do it, the video will automatically start downloading. After the download completion, you can find the video on your phone’s Gallery.
- Open the Gallery and search for “More Albums”. After that, you will find a folder “InstaDownload”. Open the folder and you will find your video.
In case if you cannot find the folder, then open the application and search for the file in history. Now, tap on the “Repost” icon to download and save the video file.
Download Instagram Videos for iOS Devices
If you are using an Apple iOS device, then the download process will be in a little bit different. Follow the steps to download your desired video.
- Open App Store and download the Instagram application along with the IGSave app as well.
- Log-in to your account and open the IGSave application. Enter your Instagram log-in credentials and sign in.
- Open the video that you want to download. After that, you will be able to see the orange colored button “SAVE TO GALLERY”.
- So, click on the button and the content will download in your iOS device.
Note: Before downloading any third-party application, make sure that you read all their terms and conditions.
You might confuse yourself while choosing a freeware application and a paid/unlimited application. Both are not the same thing. Therefore read all the customer reviews and observe the ratings before downloading.
How to Download Video from Instagram Story?
As you have gathered much knowledge about downloading Instagram videos from the previous sections, now you can download video from Instagram story. Because people not only upload photos to their stories but, videos as well. If you are one of them, you might wish to download an Instagram story and watch it offline.
Steps to Download Instagram Video Stories
Here, we will discuss all the processes for downloading videos from Instagram stories to Android, iOS, and PC. Go through every section and the steps sporadically.
Download Instagram Video Stories for Android
In order to download videos from Instagram Stories in your Android devices, you need to follow the steps which are given below.
- Open the Play Store and download the “Story Saver” application. Install it and log-in to your Instagram account.
- Find and select the story that you want to save on your device. A “Save” option will automatically come up on your screen. So, tap on it to save the video.
- You can find the video file in the “Gallery” or “Album” section, which is the default application on your Android device.
Now, open it and access the “InstaDownload” folder to get your video file.
Download Instagram Video Stories for iOS
If you are using an Apple iOS device, then you can download videos from any Instagram stories. Now follow the steps carefully to download it.
- Open and log-in to the Instagram application with your log-in credentials. Then select and open the video story that you want to download.
- Now go to the App Store and download the “Story Reposter” app. After installing it, open the app and type the name of the particular profile or page from which you want to download.
- After finding the video file, you can see the “Download” button. Tap on it and then choose the “Save” button.
Wait for the download to complete and you will find the video in your “Camera Roll” section.
Download Videos from Instagram Stories to PC
Apart from mobile and tablet devices, you can also download videos from the Instagram stories on your PC as well. Follow the instructions to download them in a quick and easy way.
- Open the Instagram app from your default browser and log-in to your account. Find and select the video story or highlights it that you want to download.
- Right-click on the file and select the “Save link as”. After this, a download window will open asking you to enter the destination path.
- Select the directory where you want to save your video and click on the “Save” button.
If the download window doesn’t appear, don’t panic. The video file will be saved automatically in your computer’s default Downloads folder.