Blue Screen Error is also termed as Stop Error and it appears due to several reasons. Hardware drivers issue is one of them. Not suitable software running in the Windows kernel and the Windows software glitch are the other reasons. Solving this matter will not be too easy if the proper solutions are not known to the users.
After a long time of research, the experts find some effective workarounds to fix the Blue Screen Error Windows 10. To know them, read it completely till to the end. Hopefully, after applying the below-said solutions you can fix this error in a professional manner.
Table of Contents
How To Troubleshoot Blue Screen Error Windows 10?
There is more than one cause of blue screen error windows 10, that is why you need to apply multiple solutions in order to fix it.
All the possible tricks and solutions are explained below to deal with the incomplete Windows 10 installation and the other reasons that are the cause for the blue screen error.
Apply all the solutions and check your device for the error after performing each of them.
Fix 1: Update the Problematic Device Driver
To identify the corrupt or damaged driver, you need to open the Device Manager window. After expanding the related options, if you find a yellow triangle icon on any of the device drivers then those drivers will be the cause responsible for this error. If this is the case, then proceed with the following steps:
At first, press the Start button and then type “device manager” in the search bar. Now, hit the Enter button to open up the Device Manager window.
In the Device Manager, find the problematic device driver from the list. Then. right-click on that and then select the Update the Driver option from the list.
It will automatically search for the updated version of the device driver. When the updated version of the driver is found, allow updating the driver.
The updating process will take some time. When the update process gets completed, you will be notified by a pop-up message which says Restart the System.
Click OK to reboot your computer. Now, see if the problem resolved or not.
Fix 2: Scan your Device
The presence of infected files on Windows can corrupt the system files and brings the blue screen error Windows 10 issue. Hence, to get rid of it, scan your device with renowned antivirus software.
The antivirus will scan your device and if any infected files get identified, then it will be wiped out from your computer. After scanning your computer, if still, the error exists, then you might need to try another solution to fix blue screen error Windows 10.
Fix 3: Remove the Incompatible Hardware or Software
Presence of the incompatible hardware or software on Windows is another fact that is responsible for the blue screen error. Always compare the compatibility of the hardware or software with your computer before using them.
After removing the incompatible hardware from your PC you can solve the blue screen issue on Windows. However, if the reason for the error is because of incompatible software, then after uninstalling the software you can solve the matter. The steps to follow to uninstall a particular software are very simple and are explained below. However, for some software, an uninstallation tool is required or else they will not leave from your PC.
How to Uninstall a Software?
- At first, open the Run bar (Win+R) and then type appwiz.cpl in it.
- Click on the OK button to get all the installed programs enlisted on the screen.
- From the list, navigate to the incompatible program and right-click on it and select the Uninstall option.
- Further, to confirm click on Uninstall.
Once the program gets uninstalled, restart your PC and then check if the issue gets resolved or not.
Fix 4: Perform a Clean Installation of Windows 10
After trying all the above fixes if the Windows 10 blue screen error not get solved then you need to install Windows 10 from the scratched copy. This process will take much time to gets completed, so arrange enough time in your hand to proceed with this solution.
- First of all, turn on your PC with a USB flash drive.
- After that, from the Windows Setup window click on the Next button.
- Now, click on “Install now” and select I don’t have a product key (assuming your PC was already activated).
- Next, select the Windows edition that the license activates.
- Click on Next and then enable the checkbox for “I accept the license terms”.
- Further, click on Next and from the Windows Setup window select “Custom: Install Windows only (Advanced)”.
- Now, select the current Windows installed partition and Delete it.
- After that, click on the empty drive, that is, Drive 0 Unallocated Space.
- Select Next to complete the process.
Once done, the issue will be solved.