Have you ever faced a situation in which your PC completely froze? Well, this situation can occur due to several reasons. One such reason involves corruption in the registry keys. Yes, you are right.
As we all know, Windows registry is a database that constitutes all the necessary machine-oriented information that may be related to all the stuff in your computer.
A simple registry key corruption can cause damage to your PC and turn it into a brick with time. Thus, it is better to fix it as quickly as possible.
In this article, we are going to have a brief discussion regarding broken registry items and provide you steps by which you will get a clear idea on how to fix broken registry items.
Symptoms of Broken Registry Items
The slightest problem in registry keys can hamper your PC and cause major issues. Therefore, it is always suggested not to mess with registry keys unless you are extremely sure of how to fix issues with it. Let’s dive into some symptoms that you may face because of a corrupted registry in Windows 10.
- If you notice that your PC is suffering from any corrupted registry key, booting a system can be quite a cause of concern. During the startup, you may face a blue screen error. Also, you will notice that the boot remains restricted within the blue screen.
- There might be a situation in which you will be able to boot the system but with time, you may face issues while operating the PC. This will lead to loss of all unsaved data from your system.
3 Efficient Ways to Fix Registry Key Issues
We hope now you got a clear idea regarding registry keys and the issues related to it. Now, let’s dive into some of the easy ways by which you can fix issues concerning Registry Keys.
#1. Repair Windows 10
To get rid of a corrupted registry in Windows 10, you can take help from windows RE mode or Recovery Environment mode.
All you can do is enter the Windows RE mode without booting and later continue the auto repair process. Hence, follow the steps given below to repair windows 10.
The first and foremost step involves booting of the system in Windows Recovery Environment. Thus, make sure to follow these steps for a successful reboot.
- Turn on your PC.
- Once the error pops up, hold the power button of your PC for 5 seconds and wait for it to turn off. This whole process is called Force shut down.
- Repeat the force shut down a few more times until your PC undergoes Automatic Repair.
- After this, wait for your PC to run diagnostics. You will notice that after doing so, it enters the Windows RE mode.
After a successful diagnostic run, a dialog box will appear on your screen. Thus, click on the
On following the above step, another screen will appear with three options viz. Continue, Troubleshoot, and Turn off your PC. Choose the Troubleshoot option.
Following that, click on Advanced Options and then click on Startup Repair. In doing so, Windows will run a diagnosis to detect problems and fix them automatically.
However, you will be informed if Windows RE is unable to solve the issue. Once you see that Windows RE has fixed the issue, restart the PC.
#2. Refresh Your System
Another easy way by which you can get rid of issues with registry key is by refreshing your system. This method is quite effective in almost all kinds of issues with the registry. To do that, follow the steps given below.
- Firstly, Go to Settings and select Update and Security.
- After that, select the Recovery option.
- Now click on the Get started at Reset this PC section.
- Following that, select Keep my Files and follow the instructions to refresh your system.
#3. Reset your Windows 10 PC
If the above procedures did not solve your issue, try to reset your Windows 10 system. This is because many times this method has been beneficial to fix this issue. Hence, follow the steps to reset your Windows 10 system.
- Go to Settings and select Update and Security option.
- Click on Recovery>Get started.
- Following that, click on the Get started option from Reset this PC section.
- Now, after this, select Remove Everything and follow the given instructions for a successful reset.
Nobody likes a frozen or corrupted system and many times the problem can be related to the registry items. In the above section, we have provided you a concise analysis concerning registry keys and also provided some easy ways to fix it successfully.
The methods stated above must solve your issue almost instantly. However, if not, it is better to consult a professional serviceman for more information. Please let us know in the comments whether this article was helpful for you or not.