McAfee antivirus error 12152 is a very common error faced by McAfee antivirus users. Generally, this error code appears when you try to download and install your McAfee security software on your system.
Usually, this error displays the message “Unable to Continue Installation. We’re having trouble completing your McAfee software installation because of this error: 12152”. Here, we have come up with various troubleshooting solutions to fix this issue.
Table of Contents
Easy Solutions to Fix McAfee Antivirus Error 12152
To begin with, there are several ways and methods to fix this issue. Thus, we are going to explain these troubleshooting hacks in detail. These will surely help to resolve your problem in no time.
Solution 1: Verify the Status of Internet Connection
This is the most fundamental method that you should try to fix this error code on your own. Thus, make sure to follow these steps carefully.
- First, check the internet connection of your system. Ensure that the system is properly connected with strong internet speed. If not, try to connect your system with an available internet connection.
- Afterward, open a web browser and reset it. Next, try to download and reinstall McAfee’s security software once again.
- After completing all the above-stated steps, restart the system for good measure.
- Lastly, check your McAfee security software to verify that the error code is resolved or not.
Solution 2 – Remove Other Security Software
By removing the older security software from the system, you can resolve several types of minor bugs of the system. Moreover, this is not a troublesome task. You just have to follow a few simple steps mentioned below.
- At first, go to the Start menu of the system and click on it to open.
- Choose the Control Panel option in the Start menu.
- Afterward, tap on the Programs option in the Control Panel menu.
- Next, click the Programs and Features option under the Programs menu.
- Here, you will get the list of applications and software which are installed on the system.
- Choose the other security software from the list of installed applications and remove them from your system.
Now, try to run the McAfee program to check whether you’re experiencing the McAfee antivirus error 12152 or not.
Solution 3: Perform a System Restore
You can try this effective trick in order to get rid of this annoying error code 12152 on your McAfee antivirus software. To perform a system restore, follow the steps given below.
- At first, you need to turn your system on and log in to an Administrator account.
- Next, go to the Start menu of the system and tap on it to open.
- Choose the option “All Programs” in the Start menu.
- After that, tap on the Accessories option under the “All Programs” menu.
- Next, hit the option “System Tools” in the Accessories menu.
- Tap on the System Restore option in the System Tools menu.
- Tap on the option “Restore my computer to an earlier time” under the System Restore menu. Choose the “Next” button to move further.
- Now, you will get a displayed box that will appear as the title “On this list”.
- Tap on the latest option “System Restore” in the displayed box.
- After that, hit the option “Restore Point”.
- Choose the Next button for further confirmation procedure.
- Tap on the Ok button to save the changes that you have made.
Restart the system. After completing all the above-stated steps, check your McAfee security software to verify that the error code has been resolved.
Solution 4: Update the System Drivers
There is a chance that the McAfee antivirus error 12152 appears due to outdated drivers in your system. Thus, you can try to resolve this issue by simply updating your system drivers.
Download the latest driver for your system from the manufacturer’s website. Updating the drivers of your system will help to fix undiscovered bugs as well. Don’t forget to reboot the system for good measure.
Possible Causes of McAfee antivirus error 12152
This error code may appear due to the incomplete installation of the McAfee Antivirus software or some other technical bugs in your system.
Interruptions from other security software can cause this error as well. Furthermore, there is a high chance that your system is infected by some viruses or malware. As a result, the files in your Windows system may be damaged or deleted.
Apart from the common reasons enlisted in the above section, there can be numerous reasons behind this annoying McAfee security software error.
To conclude, you should be able to resolve McAfee antivirus error code 12152 by following the simple steps mentioned above. Make sure that you follow each step carefully and do as instructed. You may need to contact McAfee’s technical support in case you’re still facing this issue.