Being one of the popular antiviruses in the market, it is not entirely free from technical glitches. Users have reported about facing the AVG antivirus error code 0XE001F94E while trying to install the antivirus program.
Usually, this is a runtime error that can be caused due to various reasons. One of the most common causes is a corrupted or incomplete downloaded setup file. Apart from that, corrupted AVG antivirus files, Windows system files are also responsible for this annoying situation.
Effective Methods to Fix AVG antivirus error code 0XE001F94E
After knowing the exact reasons behind AVG antivirus error code 0XE001F94E, take a look at the following methods to try and fix it. Therefore, go through the following section and apply them accordingly to deal with this situation.
Method 1: Run System File Checker
According to the users, the problem might appear due to the corrupted system files. Hence, you need to check for faulty system files.
To do that, you can run the System File Checker which is an in-built tool of Microsoft. This tool will automatically scan and fix any corrupted files in your Windows system. Go through the following steps to do so.
- First, open the Start menu by pressing the Windows key. Next, type ‘cmd’ in the search bar.
- After that, right-click on Command Prompt and select Run as Administrator from the list. To confirm, click on Yes to continue.
- Next, type “sfc /scannow” in the command window and then hit the Enter button. It will automatically start to scan your device. When the scanning process gets finished, close the Command Prompt window.
- Finally, restart your system and check if the issue has been resolved by trying to install AVG once again.
Method 2: Install Windows Updates
Microsoft constantly releases new updates for its operating system. Oftentimes, updating the Windows operating system can eliminate various issues including the AVG Antivirus Error Code 0xe001f94e.
Follow the steps to do so.
- First, click on the Start button and type “Update” in the search bar. Hit the Enter button to open the Windows Update box.
- Next, choose to Install the Updates option and verify whether any fresh version is available or not. Thereafter, It will automatically search for the latest updates and download it.
- When the downloading process is completed, install it and check if the error code still persists or not.
Method 3: Uninstall Third-party Security Software
Generally, a system cannot have more than one security software. This is because their features may be different but their functions are the same. As a result, it can conflict with each other and cause issues in either security software.
Therefore, you have to uninstall the security software from the system to resolve this issue from your computer. Follow the given steps to do so.
- Press the Windows key along with the letter ‘R’ at the same time. Here, type ‘appwiz.cpl’ and press enter.
- Now, locate the unwanted application and right-click on it. Select the Uninstall option from the list and then follow the on-screen information to remove the application.
- After removing the application, restart the system and hopefully, you will be able to install AVG without any issues.
Method 4: Reinstall the AVG Antivirus Program
As a last resort, the best method to fix this issue is by simply uninstalling and reinstalling the program with a freshly updated version.
Follow the steps below to successfully resolve the issue from your computer.
- First, press the Start button and head over to the Control Panel section.
- Next, visit the Programs and Features section and select the Uninstall Program.
- Search for the AVG antivirus and then right-click on it. Now, click on the Uninstall option from the drop-down menu. After successfully, remove the antivirus from your device, restart the system.
- After that, open a web browser and then download the antivirus with the latest version.
- After downloading, install the program using Admin privileges by choosing ‘Run as Administrator’.
- Follow the instructions until the installation process is completed. Restart the system and the program should normally run with no issues.
Method 4: Windows System Restore
Basically, Windows System Restore allows you to “go back in time” with the system to eradicate the error code and get back the antivirus software error-free.
The below steps will potentially help you to resolve the issue.
- First of all, press the Windows start button and then type system restore in the search bar. Hit the Enter button to open up the System Restore section.
- After that, enter the administrator user name and password in the respective field. Now, follow the on-screen information.
- Subsequently, select a restore point from the available options and click on Next.
- When the process gets completed, restart the system and check the status of the error code.
To summarize, the methods discussed above should help you to easily resolve AVG antivirus error code 0XE001F94E on your system.