Often, users report that Cydia Impactor is not working, which is a kind of GUI tool for working with smartphones or mobile devices, Cydia Impactor is employed to process IPA files on the iOS and APK files. But, regardless of its sophistication, this tool is quite vulnerable to plenty of problems.
Unless you restore the working of Cydia Impactor, it can’t be used in different Operating Systems including Mac, Linux, and Windows.
To receive an in-depth guide regarding the malfunction and some troubleshooting measures in detail, we will help.
Why is the Cydia Impactor not Working?
This GUI tool stops working at times, which can be very annoying for the users. However, the reason can be anything from the limitations in Administrative privileges to the outdated program.
Let’s discuss some of its underlying causes in detail.
The application demands certain Administrative privileges in order to complete some necessary actions. If they are not granted, then the program’s components may halt and not work at all.
The program can trigger complications due to conflicts with the Windows Operating System. This might bar Cydia Impactor from opening or launching.
The program is employed for certain purposes, which the iOS and Android developers may not entertain. For this reason, the Cydia Impactor can be shunned and prohibited from being incorporated.
Note: Creators of the program make sure to release fresh updates for the Cydia Impactor. This enables the users to successfully pass through the security checks and barriers.
In case you are accessing the computer through a Microsoft account, the functionality of the Cydia Impactor program may be faulty. Now, if some activities or actions are prohibited, which act as security breaches, the Impactor tool will not work.
Now, you can head to the solution portion in order to make Cydia Impactor work again.
Procedures to Try when Cydia Impactor Doesn’t Work
If the Cydia Impactor is not working in Windows 10, you can implement the underlying procedures with caution.
Solution 1: Render Administrative Privileges
We recommend you begin with this and try the rest methods if the issue is not resolved.
In case the privileges of the Administrator are not allowed, some components of the software may not function properly. Therefore, we render a detailed discussion of the steps to troubleshoot the problem.
- At first, navigate to the program directory. Then, right-click on the program’s executable to open or launch it. After that, hit “Properties”.
- Next, click “Compatibility” and then tick the box beside “Run as Administrator”.
- Then, click on Apply and hit the OK button.
- Finally, make sure to run the application and examine if the problem lurks behind.
In case you notice the Cydia Impactor is not working in Windows 10, head to the next procedure which follows to fix it properly.
Solution 2: Alter the Compatibility Settings
In a few cases, the program tends to clash with the Operating System. And this can hinder Cydia Impactor from opening normally. So, go through the steps discussed in this section to troubleshoot the problem completely. Now, just implement them carefully.
- Firstly, locate the program’s installation directory. Then, right-click on the executable file to launch the program. Then select “Properties”.
- After that, hit the Compatibility tab and then select the “Run this program in compatibility mode” checkbox. Hit the dropdown box after that.
- Next, from the list, select the Windows OS which you have installed and click the OK button.
Finally, run the program and check if the problem appears even after modifying the compatibility settings. If the Impactor refuses to work, try out the next procedure.
Solution 3: Look for Latest Updates
To ensure that the program functions correctly, the version should be the latest one. Hence, you need to make sure that it works with the latest versions of the iOS and Android devices.
Therefore, follow the steps mentioned here which will let you inspect if the developer has released or announced an update of the program.
- At first, launch the Cydia Impactor application, which is present on your desktop. Then click on “Impactor”, which is present on the top left window.
- Click on the option that says “Check for Updates” to begin the checkup.
- In case there are updates available, the download procedure for them will initiate shortly. Thereafter, you will receive on-screen guidance for installing the updates.
Now, after the update process is complete, try to run the application and check if the issue persists.
Solution 4: Alter Account in Windows 10
If using a specific Microsoft Account is triggering this error, simply head to the underlying steps that are laid out in detail.
- At first, click on the Start Menu. Then, locate the “Settings” application and click on it.
- After that, when the program launches, click on the option entitled “Accounts”.
- Next, from the left pane, select “Family & Other People” and then click on the option of “Add someone else to this PC”.
- Now, click on the option that says “I don’t have this person’s sign-in information”. Then click on “Add a user without a Microsoft Account” option.
- Then, type the credentials for the account that you desire to create. Once the profile creation is over, click on the account and select the option to modify the account type.
Finally, click on the Administrator present in the options. After that, click OK and then proceed to sign out of the existing Microsoft account.
After logging in to the new account, make sure to run the Cydia Impactor and inspect if the problem persists.
In this way, you can easily troubleshoot the problem and make the GUI tool work again.