Naturally, computer systems occasionally face issues from time to time. Therefore, Asus is no exception. One of its common critical errors is the Asus motherboard error code cc that usually indicates a defective Motherboard.
In most of the cases, this error occurs when there is something wrong with the CPU, RAM or BIOS version of the system. As a result, it affects the internal part of the computer causing it to freeze randomly.
Best Methods to Fix Asus Motherboard Error Code CC
Here, we have shared the best methods to fix Asus motherboard error code cc on your own. If you aren’t comfortable with these methods, then it is recommended to have it resolved by a professional technician.
Method 1: Reset the RAM of your Laptop
Generally, you may face the Asus motherboard error code cc due to a RAM issue. Therefore, you can try to reset the RAM to try to fix this issue.
Thus, you can do so by following the steps below.
- First, make sure that your computer is turned on. Next, close all the applications and hit a few refreshes on your desktop.
- Next, press and hold the power key until your system shuts down.
- Keep pressing the button until the computer starts up again. Thus, your RAM will reset from any cache after doing this power cycle.
Now, restart the computer and see if the Motherboard issue is now fixed on your Asus laptop. Alternatively, you can reset your RAM by opening your computer and putting the RAM on a different port.
Method 2: Reset the CMOS on your Laptop
The CMOS chip is an in-built element in every laptop that controls the basic information for input and output system BIOS. thus, resetting the CMOS should help to fix the problem on your system. You can do this by simply following the steps below.
- Firstly, turn off the computer and remove all the power cables and cords from the back of the device.
- Now, loosen the screws from the back end and remove the cover carefully.
- Locate the CMOS coin cell battery and remove it from the system. Subsequently, locate a small protruding object on the motherboard with two pins and a label ‘Reset CMOS’ beneath it. This is usually located near the coin battery itself.
- Next, take a small wire or a pin to connect both the pins together. This will create a small connection and discharge the CMOS chip.
- Put the battery back in its place or replace it entirely. Finally, reassemble your computer and turn it on. Now, see if the Motherboard error has been resolved on your Asus laptop or not.
Method 3: Update the BIOS on your Asus Laptop
Since the Motherboard cc error is related to the computer’s BIOS, you need to update the BIOS version with a newer one. Thus, it will help to resolve any fault with the current BIOS version of your system.
Furthermore, it will help to resolve other unknown errors as well. Therefore, you should update your BIOS by following the instructions below.
Downloading the BIOS from the Web
- First, press the Start button and type ‘cmd’. Next, run the Command prompt and execute the command ‘systeminfo’ by pressing enter.
- Here, you have to locate the BIOS version and note it down somewhere.
- Next, open any web browser head over to the Manufacturer’s website.
- Navigate to Drivers and Downloads page and enter your computer or laptop’s model and number.
- Thereafter, download the latest version of BIOS from the website.
Installing the BIOS After Download
Now, when the download is completed successfully, you need to install the application to get rid of this error code.
- To install the BIOS, you need to make sure that the laptop is connected to a reliable source of power as it will take a long time to complete.
- Open the Download folder and double-click the BIOS file that you have downloaded.
- Now, select the Extract option and extract the file within the folder to open it.
- After that, connect a USB flash drive into the system and tap the Ctrl+C key to copy the BIOS file from the folder.
- Now, when the BIOS file is copied successfully, open the USB drive and tap the Ctrl+V key to paste it.
- At last, enable the Tools of BIOS update and lend permission to your computer to complete the task.
After successfully installing the newer version of the BIOS file, restart the laptop and see if the Motherboard error is now resolved.
In conclusion, the above methods should be able to act as a complete guide to resolve Asus motherboard error code cc from your system. You should take your device to a service center if none of the above methods work for you. It would indicate a serious issue with your motherboard that may require fixing or replacement.