Are you suffering from any issue during the Windows update? When you are trying to update your Windows 10 system, you may encounter Windows 10 update error 0x80072ee7 on the screen and the situation is very frustrating.
This error code comes with an error message reading:
“Something went wrong. Couldn’t download Windows 10, please check your network settings and try again(0x80072ee7).”
There can be several reasons behind the occurrence of this error. One of the most common reasons is a wrong DNS Server address on your computer. Apart from that, security software, outdated Graphics card driver and malware infection can also cause this error.
If you are also encountering this error on your PC, then you have to solve it immediately with the help of this guide. Here, you will get to know the effective hacks which will help you eliminate this particular Windows 10 error code 0x80072ee7.
Table of Contents
Windows 10 Update Error 0x80072ee7: Quick and Easy Hacks
We are going to discuss all the possible hacks to get rid of the Windows 10 update error 0x80072ee7. Try to implement them as instructed hereunder.
Hack 1 – Change the DNS Server Address
The first thing you should try to solve this problem is changing the DNS server address. Follow these steps:
- At first, open the Control Panel window.
- When the Control Panel window opens, navigate to the Network and Sharing Center window and then select the Change adapter settings on the left panel.
- From that window, select the Network that you are using. Right-click on that and then select the Properties option.
- In the Properties window, locate the Internet protocol version 4 (TCP/IP), double-click on it to open the Properties window.
- In that window, select the Use the following DNS Server addresses. After that, put the IP address: DNS Server – 184.108.40.206 and Alternate DNS Server – 220.127.116.11.
After following these steps, click on the OK button to save the changes. Reboot the system and then try to update Windows.
Hack 2 – Run SFC (System File Checker ) Scan
Running the System File Checker tool can help you solve the Windows 10 update error 0x80072ee7.
Corrupted system files can result in this error on the system. So, in order to repair these files, you need to run a full scan. Go through these steps:
- Open a Command Prompt window.
- When the Command Prompt window opens, type SFC/scannow and then hit the Enter button to run this command.
- Once the scanning process is complete, reboot your computer and then check whether the error code still persists or not.
Hack 3 – Run DISM Tool
If the System File Checker tool does not work in fixing this issue, then you need to run the DISM tool. To run this tool, follow the directions given below:
- Press the Windows Home key + X button to launch the WinX Menu list. After that, choose the PowerShell window.
- In the PowerShell window, type DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth and then press the Enter button.
- This scanning process will take some time to finish. Once it is complete, restart the device.
Hack 4 – Restart the Windows Update Service
Sometimes, this error code occurs if the Windows update service has stopped running. So, you should restart the service. To know more about it, follow the steps below.
- From the keyboard, hold down the Windows Home key and press the R button to launch the Run box. Type services.msc and then hit the Enter button or click on the OK option.
- From the Services window, scroll down the page and locate the Windows Update service, right-click on it. After that, choose the Properties button.
- When the Properties window opens, set the Startup type to Manual and then select the Apply button followed by the OK option.
Hack 5 – Update the Graphics Card Driver
An outdated Graphics card driver can cause the Windows 10 error 0x80072ee7 on the device. So, you need to update the driver from time to time. Below are certain steps using which you can update the graphics card driver which will hopefully resolve this error.
- First of all, go to the Device Manager window.
- From the Device Manager window, locate and select the Display Adapters section to expand it.
- After that, right-click on the Graphics card driver and select the Update Software Driver button to start the update process.
- Once the update process is finished, reboot your computer and then check if the Windows update is working or not.
Hack 6 – Disable the Windows Firewall Feature
If the Windows Firewall feature is turned on then you may face this problem on the system.
So, before updating the Windows 10 system, you need to disable it. Here are some of the steps that you can follow:
- Open the Control Panel window.
- Go to the Windows Firewall section.
- In the Windows Firewall window, click on the Turn Windows Firewall On and Off option on the left panel.
- On the right window, tick on the Turn Off Windows Firewall feature option from both Public Network Settings and Private Network Settings sections. After that, select the OK button to save the changes.
Hack 7 – Uninstall the Security Software
Sometimes, the third-party security software installed on your PC can prevent Windows 10 system from updating. So, you need to remove it. Let’s take a look into some steps which you can follow:
- Press the Win + I keys together to open the Settings window.
- Double-click on the Apps section and then select the Apps and Features tab on the left panel.
- Scroll down the page until you find the security software, select it. After that, you will get to see the Uninstall button, click on it.
- Once the uninstallation process is complete, reboot your device and then try to update the system.
Hack 8 – Change the Registry Permissions
Sometimes, the registry permissions are not configured correctly, and the Windows 10 update error 0x80072ee7 appears on the device. So, you should change it. If you do not know how you can do that, then try to follow the under-mentioned steps.
- Open the Run window. Type Regedit and then select the OK option or hit the Enter button.
- When the Registry Editor window opens, go to the following path HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetServicesTcpip on the left panel.
- Locate the Tcpip folder, right-click on it and then select the Permissions button from the menu list.
- After that, select the Advanced button and mark on the Replace all child object permission entries from this object button.
- Once you are done with these steps, select Apply and OK button to save the changes. Now, check if the issue is solved or not.
That’s it! We hope, these top-notch hacks will help you solve Windows 10 update error 0x80072ee7 quickly and easily. Go through the fixes mentioned above and perform them accordingly to fix this error on your own.
However, if you face any issue while performing these hacks then you need to seek help from an expert who will help you in a better way.