When it comes to gaming, Xbox is the ultimate console to look for. It has become the first choice for all game lovers. The Xbox One error 0x8027025a is known to trouble most of the gamers out there.
Usually, this type of error code shows up when you try to sign or start an app on the Xbox. However, there can be many more reasons for this issue to occur. We will discuss the causes in this article.
However, if you are one of the gamers, facing this issue right now, then this article is for you. So, you can follow this article to the end for the best resolution.
Common Causes, Responsible for this Xbox One error 0x8027025a
As we already know that the sign-in attempt is a cause of this issue. So, we will try to discuss more causes for this issue here. Hence, you can have a look at the points below.
- Any issue with the Regional settings can lead to such an error code.
- If there are problems with the app or the game, then also the error can show up.
- In case, there are incorrect Xbox settings, then you can get this error code.
- Having a corrupt Persistent Storage on your Xbox One console can even be a reason for this problem.
- Using the Instant-On feature is also considered to be another source of this error code.
- The Xbox servers can be down, leading to such error code.
So, after knowing the causes of the Xbox One error code, let us visit the solutions to fix it.
Straight Forward Fixes for the Xbox One Error Code 0x8027025a
There are many confusing solutions that you can follow, but here, we have simplified them for you.
Fix 1: Check the Xbox Live Services Status
Another indication for the Xbox One error code is the “Took too long to start” error message. This error usually displays on the main screen of the Xbox One console. So, this error message can pop up if there are problems in the Xbox servers.
Hence, we advise you to check if the Xbox Live services are properly running or not. Some of the apps and games completely rely on Xbox Live services. If there are any issues, then you can get the error code.
In order to check the Xbox Live services, you can simply try to visit the Xbox website. Here, you can see if the Xbox Live Core Services are running properly or not. But in case, there’s no problem with them, then you have to wait for the services to be back on and running.
In case, the Xbox Live services are working fine and then you need to perform the next fix.
Fix 2: Restart the Xbox App Again
You are able to fix the issue with a simple restart to the Xbox app.
- On your Xbox One console controller, press the Xbox button to go to the Home Screen.
- Now, highlight the problematic app and then press the Menu button.
- After that, press the Quit button on the console.
- Wait for about 10 seconds and then start the app again.
Check if the error code is resolved or not. If not, proceed to the next solution.
Fix 3: Restart the Xbox One Console
Xbox One stores all sorts of cache and temporary files that help it to restart the app much faster. But, due to this, the Xbox One error code can occur. Fortunately, you can get rid of these files, through the steps below.
- On the Home screen, scroll left to open the Guide option.
- Now, choose the Settings option there.
- After that, choose the Restart console option and then select the Yes option to confirm the action.
- Alternatively, you can also restart the Xbox One console by holding the power button.
- You can hold the power button for 10 seconds until the console turns off.
- Again press the power button to turn it on again.
By this, the cache and temporary files will get erased from your Xbox One. As you have done this process, check if the error code is still there or not. However, if the issue is still there then try to follow the next fix.
Fix 4: Change the Regional Settings
Chances are there that the Xbox One error code can occur due to the regional setup. Changing the region to the USA can help you to fix the issue easily.
- Make sure that you have signed in to your Xbox One account.
- After that, scroll left on the Home Screen to open the Guide section.
- Here, choose the Settings option and then select the All Settings option.
- Now, select the System option and choose the Language & Location option.
- In the next section, choose the new location (USA) from the list.
- Once you have done that, select the Restart Now option.
As the Xbox One console reboots, check for the error code. For more troubleshooting, you can proceed to the next section.
Fix 5: Clear the Persistent Storage
If the files in the Persistent Storage is corrupt, then you can clear up the storage. So, to know the steps of the procedure, you can follow the section below.
- Again on the Xbox One’s Home Screen, go to the Settings menu.
- Here, choose the Disc & Blu-ray option and then navigate to the Persistent Storage.
- Now, select the Clear Persistent Storage option.
After clearing the Persistent Storage, see if you are successful in resolving the issue or not. In case, the steps fail to provide any solution, then move to the next method.
Fix 6: Clear the Alternate MAC Address
In some cases, the network configuration of your Xbox can interfere with the Xbox One games and apps. Hence, to fix this issue, you can try to clear out the Alternate MAC Address. To do this, go through the steps here.
- Open the Settings window and then select the Network option.
- After that, choose the Advanced Settings option.
- Now, select the Alternate MAC Address and then click on the Clear option.
- As the Alternate MAC Address clears, the Xbox One will automatically restart.
After the Xbox One console restarts, you can check if it still displays the Xbox One error code 0x8027025a or not. You can use the other fixes that you have listed below.
Fix 7: Disable the Instant-On feature
The Instant-On feature of the Xbox One is developed to work in a sleep mode. This will allow you to quickly start your Xbox one and continue playing. This feature is very useful, but it can cause some issues.
So, the simplest way to fix the issue is by disabling the Instant-On feature. To disable the feature, you can follow the steps here.
- On your console controller, press the Menu button. Then, go to the Settings section.
- Here, select the “Power and Startup” option.
- In the next step, select the Power Options. Then switch from Instant-On mode to the Energy-saving mode.
By turning on the Energy-saving mode, you will be able to fix the problem on your own. Remember that, this mode will completely switch off the Xbox One console to preserve power. This feature will cause your Xbox One to start a little slower but will resolve your issue.
We have listed the most appropriate fixes for your Xbox One error 0x8027025a. Therefore, by following these methods, you will surely fix the problem on your own. You should not ask for any kind of help from others.