Apple TV offers a wide range of channels for the entertainment of its users. As the online streaming service has got huge traffic, users face certain glitches with it.
The Apple TV error 3905 code is one such issue that troubles many users. If you are one of them, who is currently facing it, then take help from this article. In this article, you will learn the different ways through which the error can be resolved.
Also, for a better understanding, we will discuss some causes for the error code. As you are ready for troubleshooting, you can proceed to the next part of the article now.
Table of Contents
Possible Causes for Such Apple TV Error 3905 Code to Occur
Here, in this section, you will get hold of all the important reasons for the issue.
- Any issue with the Apple TV equipment can show up the error code.
- If you are using an outdated version of the Apple TV software, then the error code can occur.
- Using the MAC Address filtering can also lead to such an error code.
- An internet connection issue can also be stated as a reason for it.
Other than these points, there can be other reasons for which the Apple TV error code can occur. After knowing the causes, now you can proceed to the solution part of the article.
Amazing Methods to fix the Apple TV Error 3905 Code Easily
Here, you can learn the methods to fix the Apple TV error code. Here, you need to carefully perform all the steps for effective resolution.
Method 1: Check the WiFi Connection
Firstly, you can try to check if the WiFi connection is working fine or not. If you can access the WiFi on other devices, then the problem can be with the Apple TV.
Check that, there is no device interference between the WiFi connection and the Apple TV. After removing all the possible device interferences, check if the error code 3905 is still there or not. After doing so, if still the same issue exists, then proceed to the next set of instructions.
Method 2: Restart your Apple TV and the WiFi Router
In the next fix, you can restart the Apple TV and the WiFi router. In order to perform the process, you can follow the steps here.
- At first, turn on your Apple TV and then open the Menu.
- After that, tap on Settings and then choose the General option.
- Finally, select the Restart option and let the Apple TV restart.
- In the case of the WiFi router, press the Power button to turn off the device. Wait for a while, and then again press the Power button to boot it up.
Now check if the error code is resolved or not. If still, you are facing the problem, then follow the next method.
Method 3: Update your Wireless Router Firmware
In this case, you can refer to update the wireless router firmware for fixing the error 3905. Usually, there are different ways to update the firmware for different models, but generally, the process is the same.
- On your web browser, open the login page of the router.
- After arriving here, log in to your router’s administrator page.
- On the page, locate the firmware upgrade section.
- Now, click on it and then download and install the firmware.
As the process finishes, restart your router. You can check if the Apple TV still displays the error or not. If you are still getting the same issue, then perform the next method.
Method 4: Update the Apple TV’s Software
You can also update the Apple TV software so that the issue can be eliminated. The process to follow is as follows.
- Turn on your Apple TV and then go to its Settings page.
- From the menu list, choose the Update Software option.
- Wait for the process to complete and then check for the error on the system.
If the problem follows, then try to get hold of the next fix.
Method 5: Verify the Security Settings of your Wireless Router
At first, you can try to check if you have entered the correct password of the wireless connection. Now, verify that the router is using the MAC Address Filtering.
- On your Apple TV, open the Settings window.
- Here, select the General option and then select About.
- Now, here, you will get the Apple TV’s MAC Address. Add this address to the wireless router’s list.
- Also, you can temporarily disable the wireless security of the router.
Through these steps, you will be able to fix the Apple TV issue.
Method 6: Change the WEP to WPA or WPA2
In case, you are using WEP security, then you can change it to WPA or WPA2. Here is what you can do.
- Again, open any web browser and then enter the router’s IP address on the address bar.
- Log in by using the username and password. After that, search and select the Wireless Setup and Security Options.
- Now, choose the WPA or WPA2 option and enter a network key if asked to.
You can now check if you are still encountering the Apple TV error code or not.
We hope that, after going through all the methods above, the Apple TV error 3905 code will be eliminated. After this, you will no longer face such problems in the future.