AOL Mail is a popular web-supported email service, which is offered by Verizon Communications. But, despite having a vast array of top-notch features, it can still exhibit some technical flaws. AOL not receiving email is one of the most troublesome issues of all time among the users.
This issue can appear if your PC is connected to an unstable and poor Internet connection. Some users have complained that they are getting this error while updating the latest version of AOL Mail.
You might encounter this error if there is an incomplete or wrong authentication on the AOL mail settings. Sometimes, third-party antivirus software can also lead to such error and prevent email reception.
If you are in the same situation and encountering AOL mail related error on your device, then you can go through this entire post. It will discuss the best possible hacks for resolving the AOL Mail error.
Table of Contents
Fixes to Getting Rid of AOL not Receiving Email Accurately
Here, in this section of the article, we are going to discuss what to do for troubleshooting AOL not receiving email issue.
So, you can follow the undermentioned methods and apply them to get a satisfactory result.
Forcefully Stop the AOL Application and Restart It Again
It is one of the most basic tricks that have been useful for many affected users. So, you have to stop the AOL mail forcefully and then restart it.
- Go to the Settings menu of your device.
- Then, under the Settings window, select the tab “Apps” and hit the AOL from the resultant menu.
- Now, click on the option “Force Stop” and hit the same tab, when prompted.
- Restart the AOL application and check if the issue gets eliminated from your PC.
Review the Settings related to the AOL Mail
Before proceeding with other technical methods, it’s a wise choice to review all the settings related to the AOL mail. In order to review the settings, you have to follow the steps underneath.
Step 1: Launch the AOL application on your device. Then, tap on “Add Account” option and log into your AOL account by entering the accurate login credentials (Email ID and Password) into the given dialog box.
Step 2: Once you enter into your AOL account, select “Manual Setup” option from the context menu and then, navigate to the IMAP Account Settings.
Step 3: Now, under the IMAP Account Settings window, fill up all the required information. Also, set the Security Type to ‘None’.
- Port:143, IMAP
- Server: imap.AOL.com.
Step 4: Afterward, hit the Next button and modify the ‘SMTP settings’ and ‘Outgoing Server Settings’, one at a time.
Step 5: Thereafter, press the Next button again and then log in to your AOL account. Now, verify whether the AOL not receiving email error gets removed or not.
Reinstall the AOL Application
After modifying all the AOL related settings, the AOL mail not receiving email issue can still bother you. Hence, you need to uninstall the AOL application from your device and install it again.
To reinstall the AOL application, go through the undermentioned steps accordingly.
- First, click on the Start menu. Then, into the Search dialog box, write “Control Panel”. As you do this, you will find the “Control Panel” option at the top search result.
- Under the Control Panel window, choose the option named “Add or Remove Programs” from the queue menu.
- Afterward, a new page will open. Here, you have to locate the AOL application. When you find this option, right-click on it and choose the tab for “Change or Remove”.
- When prompted to continue the process, hit the Next option. Now, click the Finish button when the uninstallation process is over.
- After completing the uninstallation process, go to the official site of the AOL and download the reliable version which is completely compatible with your Windows OS. Once the process is over, install it to your device by following the on-screen instructions.
Disable the Windows Firewall
After reinstalling AOL application, if the AOL still not receiving emails, then you must disable the Windows Firewall. Most of the time, such kind of AOL related errors occurs due to the Windows Firewall.
To overcome this error, review the firewall settings on your device to check whether it is disabled or enabled. You can easily disable this feature temporarily if it is in the enabled state in your device.
To do so, follow these steps.
- Go to the Control Panel window by following the above-mentioned instructions. When you are in the Control Panel window, tap on “System and Security” link
- After that, you need to locate and select the “Windows Firewall”. Once you are done, choose “Turn Windows Firewall On or Off” option. You will find it on the left side of the screen.
- Finally, hit the Turn off Windows Firewall (not recommended) option from the appeared menu and press the OK button twice to save all the new changes.
Uninstall Third-Party Antivirus Software
If you have one or multiple third-party applications installed on your device, then it can conflict with the AOL application. As a result, AOL not receiving email error can take place.
So, the best possible way to get rid of this error is to uninstall the third-party application from your device. Follow the steps to perform this task.
Step 1: Invoke the Start menu and then navigate to the Settings. Under the Settings window, choose the System from the resultant menu.
Step 2: After that, choose “Apps and Features” option from the left pane of the window. Then, choose the third-party antivirus application you have installed on your device.
Step 3: If you have more than one third-party antivirus application, then click on them one by one. Hit the “Uninstall” option and choose the OK button to proceed further.
If you are using a backdated version of Windows OS, the occurrence of such error is quite a common event. Therefore, to avoid such situations, it is recommended you to upgrade the software of your device.
- Primarily, locate the Windows logo and press and hold it along with the Run key simultaneously. After that, the Run window will appear.
- In the Run dialog box, type “devmgmt.msc” and hit the Enter key to run the command. This action will launch the Device Manager window. In the Device Manager window, choose a category to see names of devices.
- Now, select the device you want to update and then right-click on it. Afterward, hit the option named “Update Driver” from the appeared menu.
- Now, let the Windows to search for the authentic version by tapping on the “Search Automatically for Updated Driver Software” option.
- Once you perform this action, hit the OK button twice to continue the process.
When the process is completed, reboot your device to let the new changes to take effect.
In the above section, we have shared all the necessary information about the AOL mail not receiving email issue and the best possible workarounds. Hopefully, the above methods will help you to overcome the AOL error.
But, if you find any difficulties while performing the above steps, leave your issues in the feedback section to let us know your problems.