Before we talk about the causes and how to deal with the problem, you should have some basic ideas about the PS4 controller. PlayStation controller is known to be the first gamepad, and it was launched by Sony Computer Entertainment. What makes it a good buy? As the PS4 controller is also the Dualshock 4 wireless controller. But, often you face certain problems related to the PS4. So, how to deal with them? If the PS4 Controller flashing white light, then here’s how to fix this problem, given below in detail.
Table of Contents
Main Reasons to trigger an error in PS4
You must have seen that your PS4 is flashing while light. This problem must have bothered you and made you upset about it, well don’t be. Below are the ways to fix this problem. But before that, you should know the reasons behind this problem.
There are two main reasons why your PS4 controller is flashing white light:
- The first reason is because of the low battery. That means either you have to charge the PS4 controller or you need to change the USB cable.
- The second reason is that the controller fails to connect with your PS4.
Below are the reasons that will help you to fix the problem.
How can You Fix the PS4 Controller Flashing White?
There are few ways, using them you can fix the problems of the PS4 controller flashing white. When you see that your PS4 is not behaving in a proper manner, it’s obvious that you start worrying. The two main causes that create the problem, either the dying battery or the controller failed to connect to the PS4. You can fix them, you just need to follow the steps that are given below.
You need to check the USB Cable
One of the simple and easiest ways to solve your problem is by replacing your USB cable with a new shiny one. You might have seen that often your USB cable gets fragile. Hence, you need to change your USB cable. If you have a Dualshock controller, then it will work best on it and will make sure that your USB cable is charging properly. Finally, after you have replaced the old one, plug your USB cable with your PS4. Make sure that you plug your USB into the dual shock one. The best way to know whether the main problem was caused by the cable if the light changes from blue to orange. Thus, this way you can solve the PS4 controller flashing white problem.
You need to reset the controller
You know that the controller has its own software and the problem starts when you update the software. A good thing is that you can reset the controller into factory default. How? The steps are given below:
- At the back of the controller, you will see the Reset button. To be more specific, it is at the top right by the top right screw.
- By using a SIM card opener or any other pin-like object you have to push the button inside the hole. You need to press it for at least 5 seconds.
- Now, you need to plug the USB cable into the controller and press the PS button to turn it on.
To solve the problem you may have to start your PS4 in safe mode
It might be possible that the PS4 controller flashing white problem is caused because of the PS4 itself and not the controller. You can fix it in safe mode, which is rebuilding your database. Sometimes the problem resolves by just going into safe mode to connect your controller.
If the cable is not working, you are advised not to launch your PS4 in safe mode. Now, follow the steps.
- First, you need to turn off your PS4.
- Now, hold the Power button for a few seconds. You can release the power button after you hear two beep sounds.
- Finally, connect the controller with the USB cable and on the centre of the controller press the PS button.
You might have to Reinstall the PS4 Device and also the Driver
First, you need to restart your PC. After that, you need to plug the PS4 into your PC. Then, your computer needs a few seconds to detect it and install the device. You are advised to install a proper driver for the device. Below are the two options to install the device driver on your computer.
The first one is by manually:
To get a proper driver for the device you have to go to the manufacturer’s website and have to install it. You need time and all computer knowledge to do this.
The second one is automatically:
It requires less time and also if you don’t have computer knowledge it doesn’t matter. To download the correct driver you can try the ‘driver easy’. First, it will detect the driver’s condition and will install the correct driver on your PC. You don’t have to struggle to figure out the operating system.
You don’t have to worry about making any mistakes, and even your time will be saved. You can also get it done with the help of ‘driver easy’, update the driver. You can do it automatically either with the free or the pro version.
The instructions are given below:
- First, as usual, you have to install the ‘driver easy’.
- Go to the ‘run’ option in the ‘driver easy’ and select ‘scan now’. This option will help you by scanning the computer and by detecting if any problem is there or not.
- After the completion of scanning, you have to go to the ‘update’ option which is just next to the driver’s name. Click on it so that you can download the correct version of the driver.
- Another option is also there, you can also click on ‘update all’ so that it can automatically update the correct version.
- Now, you have to connect your PS4 with your computer to see whether it is working or not.
So, this was all about the PS4 controller and its PS4 controller flashing white problem. So, whenever you see that your PS4 is flashing white light you can follow all the above instructions to solve the problem. The instructions are quite easy, but if you don’t feel confident, then you can always seek professional help.