The Mac error code 8058 appears when a user attempts to copy and paste a file from one place to another. This error states that “The operation cannot be completed because an unexpected error occurred ”.
There are various reasons for this issue. The most common cause of this error is an internal issue within the Mac operating system. Additionally, a malware or virus infection can cause this error as well.
Table of Contents
Effective Methods to Resolve Mac Error Code 8058
You can fix this issue by simply going through the following methods. Follow each step carefully as one of these methods will help you to effectively resolve this issue on your Mac.
Method 1- Remove Corrupted File from the Mac
Sometimes, the accumulation of unnecessary and corrupt files within the Mac can lead to this error. One file, in particular, is responsible for this issue. Thus, you can follow the steps below to remove this file from your system.
- First, head over to the topmost section and choose the ‘Finder’ option by holding the ‘Option’ key on your keyboard.
- Next, select the ‘Go’ option from the list and choose the ‘Library’ option.
- Now, a new window will appear. Here, you will see a list of all the system files and folders.
- From that window, navigate and open the ‘Preferences’ folder. Here, find and select the file with the name ‘com.apple.finder.plist’.
- Simply drag that file to the ‘Trash’ icon to delete it.
- Finally, log out from the Mac computer and then log back in once again. Check to see if this issue is still there or not.
Method 2 – Restart your Computer
The easiest way to resolve any problem is by simply rebooting your computer device. Therefore, you can try to fix your issue by doing this as well. Thus, follow the steps below to restart your system.
- First, go to the upper left corner of the desktop and then tap on the ‘Apple logo’.
- This will launch a drop-down menu within several options.
- Out of those options, choose the one that says ‘Restart…’.
- Now, as soon as you click on that option, a prompt window will appear on the screen. Within this window, click on the ‘Restart’ button.
- At last, the machine will reboot and you should check if this error comes up or not.
Method 3 – Scan and Remove Malicious Files
If the Mac has any malicious file within it, then you can face this issue. The best way to get rid of these files is by using licensed security software. Thus, follow these steps below to scan and remove malicious files from your system.
- First, launch the security software or Antivirus program on your Mac. It is important to use only authorized programs as opposed to free ones available on the internet. The free programs will only infect your system further.
- From the main window, choose the Scan option and wait for the scanning process to start.
- Usually, this takes a lot of time so make sure that the system is properly scanned. Thereafter, you can choose to either delete the malicious files or move them to the bin. Choose your preferred option and close the window.
Finally, you should be able to easily resolve Mac error code 8058 by simply going through one of the methods mentioned above.