Chrome is one of the most widely used web browsers due to its immense speed and easy to use interface. Despite its numerous features, users are reporting various issues with Chrome.
Chrome Continue Use not working is one of the frequent issues encountered by the users. Continue Use is a popular feature of Chrome. In this article, we have discussed what are the factors preventing Continue Use from working. So, have a thorough look below:
Solutions to Resolve Chrome Continue Use Not Working:
You can fix this concerning issue by any of the following ways:
Solution 1: Reconfiguring Settings
Certain settings are necessary to run the ‘Continue Use’ feature of Chrome. Thus, follow the given steps to ensure that the settings are enabled on your PC.
- Exit Chrome and open a new tab.
- Type ‘chrome://flags’ in the URL bar and press ‘Enter’ button.
- Find out the ‘Enable Fast Unload’ flag and select the ‘Disabled’ option.
- The flag won’t be available if is already removed in another version of Chrome.
- After reconfiguring settings, restart the system and check whether Chrome Use works or not.
Solution 2: Closing Web Apps
It is recommended to close the web apps you use with Chrome before exiting Chrome. Otherwise, the Continue Use feature won’t won’t work properly.
So, if you have closed Chrome without closing the web apps, then reopen Chrome and close the web apps that you were using before.
Solution 3: Reinstalling Chrome
It is the last option that you can try for fixing the ‘Chrome Continue Use not working’ issue. It involves the following simple steps:
- Press Windows key and ‘R’ at the same time to open the Run application.
- Copy-paste the ‘C:\Users\(Your Username)\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data’ into the Run application and press ‘Enter ‘.
- If you have a single folder, then it will be named as ‘Default.’ However, more than one folder will be named as ‘Profile 1,’ ‘Profile 2,’ and so on.
- Copy the files to a safe the folder on your computer for a backup.
- Open another Run application and enter ‘Control Panel’ into it.
- Click on the ‘Uninstall a program’ link and look for Google Chrome.
- Right-click on Chrome and select ‘Uninstall’ from the drop-down menu.
- Click ‘OK’ on the popup dialog box to confirm the uninstallation.
- Then, search for the latest version of Google Chrome on the internet and download it on your PC.
- After reinstalling Chrome, go back to the directory mentioned in step 2.
- Copy and paste the profiles of your Chrome account into the above folder.
- Select the ‘Replace all Files’ option and open Chrome to ensure that Continue Use is working correctly.
After going through the solutions, hope, you will easily fix the ‘Chrome Continue Use not working’ issue. Leave your comment to clear confusions regarding any of the aforesaid solutions.