Being one of the most valuable companies in the market, HP launches new products everyday for its users. HP laptops are also considered to be the best but it can come with some flaws.
The HP laptop Microphone not working is one of the most reported issues of all times. There can be many facts that can easily result in such an issue.
Now, if you have run into this problem then there are ways to get out of it. In this article, you will become familiar with the causes of this problem.
Moreover, you will also perform some of the methods so that the issue can be resolved by yourself.
Table of Contents
Reasons for the HP Laptop Microphone to Not Work
Here, we will help you understand some of the genuine reasons behind the problem. Knowing the causes of any issue can help you avoid this issue in the future. So, the points to remember are as follows.
- Multiple changes in the software settings is a reason for the issue to popup.
- Using an outdated or corrupt audio driver can also be a reason for the issue.
- In case, the microphone is muted, then the issue can persist.
- Also if the microphone is not enabled properly, then you can face this problem.
- In another case, if the microphone is not set as the default recording device then the issue can trouble you.
- Using Audio Enhancements for better audio quality can also be a reason for the issue.
- If you are using a wrong audio format or Audio service, then that can lead to this problem.
So, these are some of the reasons for the microphone to not work. After following these causes, now you can move on to the solution section.
Fix HP Laptop Microphone Not Working Problem with These Hacks
For the troubleshooting process, we will first try to discuss the basic ones. After that, you need to perform the ultimate fixes.
Hack 1: Check if the Microphone is Muted or Not
In case, the inbuilt microphone is muted, then the issue can popup. There can be chances that the volume level is muted by default.
- On the taskbar, find the sound icon and then right-click on it.
- After that, choose the Recording Devices option.
- On the next window, right-click on your microphone and then go to the Properties section.
- As the Microphone Properties window opens, proceed to the Levels tab.
- Here, increase the level of your microphone’s sound.
With this, you can check if the HP laptop’s microphone starts to work or not. However, if you find out that the problem is still there, then follow the next one.
Hack 2: Re-enable the Microphone
In the next hack, you can re-enable the microphone to rid the issue. So here, you can proceed with the process.
- At first, go to the Settings app and then choose the Privacy option.
- Now, head over to the Microphone section from the list.
- Here, you have to toggle the “Let apps use my microphone” option to the ON state.
- Once you have done this, close the window.
Later on, check if you still encounter the same problem on your HP laptop or not. If the issue still lingers, proceed to the next hacks.
Hack 3: Set the Microphone as the Default Recording Device
In case, you have used an external microphone in the past, then you can set it as the default recording device. That is why you can get this issue with the built-in microphone.
- Again, right-click on the sound icon in the taskbar and then select the Recording Devices option.
- After that, right-click on the microphone and then choose the “Set as default device” option.
- After that, you can restart your system.
As the system restarts, you can check if the microphone is working or not. If it is not, then we have other fixes for you in-store.
Hack 4: Disable the Audio Enhancements
The Audio Enhancements is a feature that provides you with better sound experience on your system. This useful feature is also known to be a culprit of this problem. Hence, you can try to disable this feature as soon as possible.
- At first, right-click on the sound icon and choose the Recording Devices option.
- In the new window, right-click on the microphone and then again choose the Properties option.
- Now, proceed to the Enhancements tab and check the “Disable all sound effects” box.
- Save the changes and restart the system.
As the system reboots, check for the microphone problem. For other fixes, move to the next section.
Hack 5: Use the Windows Hardware Troubleshooter Tool
The built-in Windows Troubleshooter tool is designed to detect and fix any system errors. So, you can use this tool for effective troubleshooting. Now, to run this tool, use the following steps.
- Open the Start menu and choose the Settings icon.
- As the Settings window opens, choose the “Update & Security” option.
- After that, select the Troubleshoot option.
- From the list, find and select the Recording Audio option.
- Now, click on the Run as troubleshooter button.
- After that, follow the on-screen instructions and reboot the system.
After the system restarts, you can see if the issue is resolved or not
Hack 6: Change the Audio Format
Sometimes, the audio format may not support the system. In that case, the next thing to do is to change the Audio format to the one that the system supports. Here is how you can do that.
- Once again right-click on the sound icon in the taskbar and then choose the Recording Devices option.
- Again, right-click on the microphone to select the Properties option.
- Head to the Advanced tab and under the Default Format section, choose another frequency from the menu.
- After that, save the changes and reboot the system to apply the changes.
After following these steps, if still, the issue is there, then try out the following method.
Hack 7: Reset the Windows Audio Service
The Windows Audio Service is responsible for all the sound effects on the system. So, resetting this can help you to get the issue fixed. For the resolution, follow up with the steps.
- First of all, go to the Search bar and then type “services.msc”. Now, hit the Enter key to open the Windows Services.
- Here, find the Windows Audio service option from the list.
- On finding it, check if the service is enabled or not.
- In case, it is disabled, then right-click on it. After that, select the Start option.
- If the service is enabled, then right-click on it. But this time, select the Restart option.
- Now, wait for the process to finish and then restart the system.
Once you have done this, check if the HP Laptop internal microphone not working Windows 10 problem still persists or not.
To conclude this issue, we have discussed the best hacks that you can perform to fix the issue. Therefore, by following all the given solutions, we expect that you will easily fix this issue of HP laptop Microphone not working on your own.
For the best results, follow all the steps without missing any of them.