While downloading applications from Windows Updates or Store, if you find any kind of conflict that is because of error code 0x80070005. As a result, your task is hampered.
However, there is a chance to receive this error while installing Windows updates. Is Windows denying your access to get the latest updates? Then probably the cause is error 0x80070005.
The error generally appears unexpectedly and doesn’t get resolved with a restart. Thus, this article offers some of the best troubleshooting tips to fix this error.
Possible Fixes for Error Code 0x80070005 on Your Windows PC:
We have solved the error separately for Windows Store and Windows Updates. Hence, go through the solutions and pick the one which is suitable for you.
1. Fix Error Code 0x80070005 in Windows Update
The undermentioned solutions are applicable to those who are experiencing the error while updating Windows.
Method1: Run Windows Update Troubleshooter
Windows update troubleshooter is a built-in tool to fix several Windows issues. Therefore, use this troubleshooter before resorting to the remaining fixes.
If the tool is, unfortunately, missing on your PC, then download and install it on your PC. Next, let the tool take care of the rest.
So, go to the Start menu, type ‘Windows update troubleshooter’ into the search box and press ‘Enter.’ Then, the tool starts scanning your PC and fix the ongoing technical issues.
Method 2: Perform a Clean Boot on Windows
A clean boot will configure Windows in such a way that Windows will run with minimum drivers and applications only.
Thus, it will be effective if a service or application is blocking Windows update. So, let us check out the steps to perform a clean boot on Windows.
- Press Windows key and ‘R’ at the same time to open the Run application.
- Type ‘misconfig’ into the Run application and click ‘OK’ to execute the command.
- After coming across the System Configuration window, navigate to the ‘Services’ tab.
- Select the ‘Hide all Microsoft services’ checkbox and tap on the ‘Disable All’ button.
- Now, open the Task Manager and go to the ‘Services’ tab.
- Click the ‘Open Task Manager’ link to access the Task Manager Startup tab directly.
- Press ‘Ctrl’ and ‘A’ to select all Startup processes and click the ‘Disabled’ button.
- Restart the system to make your PC which is ready for a clean boot.
- Retry Windows update and see whether it takes place without an error or not.
Method 3: Restore Windows Functionality
If the error persists after a clean boot, then you will need to restore the functionality of your Windows Operating System.
- Open the Run application and enter ‘misconfig’ into it.
- As the System Configuration window opens, select the ‘Normal Startup’ option if it has not been selected yet.
- Move to the ‘Services’ tab and check all the given boxes to hide Microsoft services.
- Then, go to the ‘Startup’ tab and click the link for Task Manager.
- Tap the ‘Enable’ button to activate all startup processes.
- The aforesaid changes will restore Windows functionality and fix the error 0x80070005.
Fix Error Code 0x80070005 in Windows Store
Since error code: 0x80070005 isn’t exclusively related to Windows update, you can implement the following methods to get rid of it in Windows Store.
Method 1: Clear Windows Store’s Cache
Error code 0x80070005 is one of the weird behaviors of Windows When Windows Store messes up storing the cache. To avoid this situation, you will need to clear the Windows Store’s cache as discussed below:
- Press the Windows key, type ‘wsreset’ into the search bar and press ‘Enter.’
- Right-click on Windows Reset in the search result and select the ‘Run as Administrator’ from the context menu.
- The above action is going to clear the Windows Store’s cache completely.
- Reboot the system and try to download the application as you were trying to download before.
Method 2: Change the Proxy Settings
You might encounter the error 0x80070005 after enabling proxy connections on your PC. Therefore, disable the proxy connections and see whether it removes the error or not.
- Open Internet Explorer, click the ‘Tools’ tab and select ‘Internet Options’ from the drop-down menu.
- Navigate to the ‘Connections’ tab and choose ‘LAN Settings’ under it.
- Uncheck the box for ‘Use a proxy server for your LAN’ and click ‘OK’ to save the changes.
Hopefully, one of the aforesaid methods is going to fix error code 0x80070005 on your Windows PC. If the error repeats itself, then uninstall any third-party software from your PC. It’s because such software tends to conflict with Windows updates or Windows Store.
Leave your feedback in the comment section below if you encounter the error code 0x80070005 in other instances.