When you scan the system for removing the malware, the Bitdefender connection error creates a major barrier. As a result, the software stops responding and the desktop screen freezes automatically after showing the unexpected error message, “Bitdefender VPN error 1004”.
However, we are going to explain the possible issues with the basic symptoms in this article. We will also discuss the technical solutions to fix the problem without any hassle.
Fix Bitdefender VPN error 1004 with Some Useful Tips
There are lots of feasible solutions available to mitigate the Bitdefender VPN connection error effectively. Moreover, the following steps will help to enhance the Bitdefender performance easily.
Method 1: Rectify the Connection Problem
In the case of a wired connection, you can check the following things and perform them accordingly.
- Verify whether the ethernet backbone is working perfectly or not. Faulty cable causes internet connection error. So, replace the existing wires and cables to overcome this physical device error. If the problem persists, then follow the second step.
- After replacing the connecting cables, if the problem persists, then you should check the USB port. You can use an alternate USB port or repair the damaged port to fix the internet connection error.
If you are using the wireless connection, then you need to test the signal strength first. When the Wi-Fi signal fluctuates continuously or shows a low signal, then contact the ISP for fixing the connection problem.
If the same problem arises more than time, then you can connect with the Technical team for modifying the router settings.
Method 2: Upgrade the Bitdefender Software
If you are a user of the Bitdefender antivirus, then you should check whether its version is compatible with your system or not. Moreover, an outdated version fails to perform malware scan and then you need to upgrade the security software to the latest version.
- First, open the Bitdefender antivirus window and go to the Bitdefender Central option.
- Now, enter the account credentials and log in to the account successfully.
- After that, choose the My Devices option from the left corner of the window.
- From the resultant window, tap the Install Protection icon and select the ‘Protect this device’ option.
- Next, open the folder and run the executable file that will be started automatically on your system. It will also remove the old Bitdefender file automatically.
- Once done, click on the Restart button and enable the service on the left side of the screen.
- Finally, tap the Install button to install the latest Bitdefender security software that is compatible with the system OS.
- Now, try to scan the device with the new Bitdefender and verify whether the Bitdefender VPN error 1004 is resolved or not.
Method 3: Reinstall the Bitdefender Software
If the Bitdefender installation file error happens or any of the executable files is deleted erroneously, then you can encounter the Bitdefender working issue very often. So, you have to uninstall them and reinstall all those corrupted files with their current version.
- Type “Control” in the Windows search bar and hit Enter to launch the Control Panel window.
- Now, click on Programs and Features icon from that opened window.
- After that, click on the Uninstall a program link and it will open a new window with several applications that are already installed on the PC.
- Choose the Bitfefender file and other executable files associated with that software.
- Right-click on them and tap on the Uninstall option from the context menu.
- Confirm the uninstallation program by tapping the YES button.
- After getting approval, the system will start removing those selective applications and shows the “Application is removed successfully” message on the display.
- Then, go to the Bitdefender Official website and download and install the latest Security software for that device.
- Finally, double-tap on the Bitdefender icon and launch the software to test whether it is working properly or not.
Method 4: Change the DNS Address
If you set an incorrect DNS address, then you can face the DNS server issue. It, in turn, affects the Bitdefender software to run successfully. However, you can mitigate the server error to modify the DNS server address field with the correct data.
- Go to the Control Panel window and click on the Network and Internet Settings option.
- Then, choose the Network and Sharing Center from that section and select Change the Adapter Settings from the resultant window.
- Now, click on the active network you use for internet connection and right-click on it.
- Choose Properties option from the pop-up menu that appears on the screen.
- Next, navigate to the Networking tab on the Network Properties window and select both the IPV4 and IPV6 checkboxes.
- Tap the Properties button to open the Advanced Network Settings window.
- Enter the correct DNS server addresses in the Preferred DNS server and Alternate DNS server Address fields as 220.127.116.11 and 18.104.22.168 respectively.
- Finally, tap the Apply button and then the OK button to save the new changes.
- Close the window and try to run Bitdefender to verify whether you can fix Bitdefender VPN error 1004 or not.
Method 5: Repair the Bitdefender Files
If any problem occurs at the time of running the Bitdefender software, then you need to repair the corrupted files as soon as possible. So, follow the steps below and resolve the issue immediately.
- Type “regedit” in the Cortana Search box and open the Registry window on the screen.
- Then, select the key related to the 1004 error and go back to the file.
- After that, click on the File menu and choose Export from the drop-down menu. Select the appropriate drive to keep the backup of the BitDefender file data.
- Confirm the action by tapping on the Selected branch from the Exported Range box.
- Finally, click on the Save option and store that file with the “.reg” extension. After finishing this step, follow the on-screen instructions and complete the Bitdefender file repair program.
Method 6: Update the Windows OS
If the problem still persists, then make sure that both the Bitdefender and the system uses the same version. You need to follow the steps below and install the latest version of Windows OS.
- Open the Settings app and go to the Windows Update and Security window.
- Now, click on the Windows Update menu from the left side of the window.
- Next, click on Check for Updates button and tap Install now to install the latest version of Windows.
- Finally, try to scan the system with the Bitdefender software and test whether the Bitdefender VPN error 1004 appears again or not.
We have defined the effective reasons for the Bitdefender VPN error 1004 with important solutions. Moreover, those methods help to upgrade the Bitdefender app performance as well and secure the device from harmful virus attack. If you still have any queries, then connect with technicians for reliable support.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is VPN free version available with Bitdefender?
You can use the free VPN version of Bitdefender if you are a subscriber of the Bitdefender software package. However, you need to follow the terms and conditions before applying it as some restrictions can be there.
Can Bitdefender provide firewall security?
Bitdefender’s home security box protects all the electronics devices connect to the Bitdefender from unethical hackers.