Avast Error 42110 occurs very often when you try to perform a complete system scan with Avast System Security software. This error code is accompanied by an important warning message, “File is a decompression bomb”.
Moreover, it simply prevents the antivirus functions and ample of virus-infected files get increased automatically. However, we are going to explain the solutions in brief for your convenience. However, you can take help from a technical support team for quick help.
Resolve the Avast Error 42110 with Technical Troubleshooting Steps
You can use the following steps to overcome the Avast scanning issue effortlessly.
Fix 1: Repair the Registry Files associated with Avast
If any registry file error occurs, then you can come across the Avast registry files issue. So, if any code is missing from the Registry Editor, then modify the data with maximum accuracy by following the steps:
- Type “regedit” in the Cortana Search box and open the Registry Window by tapping the Enter key.
- Now, select the key for the Error 42110 from the Registry Editor window and click on the File menu.
- Next, choose Export from the drop-down list and go to the Save In list. Select a location to retrieve the antivirus file data from that list.
- Give a proper file name and assure that the option “Selected Branch” is enabled.
- Finally, save the file with the “.reg” extension and close the window.
- After taking a backup of the Avast data, perform the on-screen command and complete the repair process successfully.
Fix 2: Run System File Checker
The corrupted system file sometimes prevents the Avast to perform a malware scan. The following steps will help to repair those damaged files and remove the Avast error 42110 easily.
- Type “cmd” in the Cortana Search box and locate the Command Prompt quicky from that list.
- Right-click on the app and open a Command Prompt window in Admin Mode. Then verify the account by entering the correct account credentials.
- Then, type “sfc/scannow” and hit ‘Enter’ to run that command successfully. It will run and identify the system file errors if any. Moreover, it takes the necessary actions to repair those files.
- Finally, close the Command prompt window and scan the system by Avast to verify whether it is working or not.
Fix 3: Reinstall the Avast Software
Incorrect installation or missing execution files of the Avast Software program causes the Avast damage issue very often. Thus, removing the software from your system and installing it again with the latest version is the best way to get rid of this issue.
- First, go to the Control Panel window and click on the Programs and Features icon.
- Now, tap Uninstall a program option under that Features section and open another page.
- Choose Local Avast Antivirus associated files with its executable file and right-click on them.
- Tap Uninstall from the pop-up menu and confirm by hitting the Yes button on the resultant dialog box.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and complete the uninstallation process.
- After completing a successful app removal process, go to the Avast Official website.
- Finally, download & Install the latest version of Avast as well as remove the Avast Error 42110 very quickly.
This method is helpful to fix Avast malfunction issues permanently but you can consult with a technical expert to perform for a hassle-free service.
Fix 4: Update the Avast
An outdated version is another problem that prevents the avast to perform its scanning operation. To overcome this annoying issue, you have to install the latest version of Avast as discussed underneath.
- Double-tap on the Avast antivirus icon and open the software.
- Now, click on the Settings option from the left panel of that window.
- Next, go to the Update section and click on the Check for Updates button on that same page.
- After that, choose the Live Updates option and let the app start the online update process.
- The program will take a few minutes and wait until the message, “The Software is updated successfully” appears on the display.
- Finally, try to scan the system by using the latest Avast software to test whether Avast error 42110 got fixed or not.
This solution helps to overcome the ‘Avast Antivirus slows down’ issue as well.
Fix 5: Delete the Malicious Programs and Other Security Software
Unnecessary files and system security software always prevent antivirus functions. So, remove them permanently from your system and see whether Avast works or not.
- Type “appwiz.cpl” in the Cortana Search box and choose the problematic software.
- Then, locate other security programs if your system has multiple antivirus applications.
- After that, right-click on them and choose the Uninstall option to remove them one after another.
- Finally, reboot the system and launch the Avast software to verify whether it shows the annoying message at the time of scanning the system or not.
This content implies various effective fixes that help you to overcome the Avast error 42110 as well as very beneficial to avoid unethical web threats. Moreover, It improvises Avast performance so that it can take quick action against a severe malware attack. So, this article will help you to secure your system from the major virus infection. For additional help, you can connect with a technical expert.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Does Avast scan automatically?
Avast allows you to schedule a scan on a daily as well as a weekly basis. Based on the scheduled date and time, the Avast starts the scan automatically.
- How much time is required to perform a full system scan by Avast?
To scan the entire device, the Avast takes 90 minutes to 110 minutes approximately. It depends on the version of the Avast that you currently use. In some cases, 35-40 minutes is sufficient to perform the malware scanning process.
- Can I disable Avast temporarily?
Yes, you can pause the Avast for a certain period of time by following these two steps.
- Open the Avast Shield Control page and select the Disable option.
- Finally, confirm the process by tapping the OK button.