Malwarebytes is an excellent anti-malware tool to identify and to remove malware apps from Windows and Mac computers. For its function, it takes up a lot of disk space and results in the slowing system response issue. Conflict with other applications is another fact that the users want to remove this security tool from the computer.
This article thoroughly explains how to uninstall Malwarebytes from MacOS. If you are a Mac user, then you can refer to this article to uninstall Malwarebytes from your PC.
Process of How to Uninstall Malwarebytes from MacOS
You can remove Malwarebytes with the help of the following steps:
Step 1: Launch Malwarebytes
- Launch Malwarebytes and click the ‘Help’ menu.
- Choose ‘Uninstall Malwarebytes Anti-malware’ under the ‘Help’ menu and click ‘Yes’ on the confirmation dialog box.
- If prompted, then enter the Apple ID and password and click ‘OK’ to start the uninstallation.
Step 2: Delete Invalid Components
Like other apps, Malwarebytes can also create components like preference, cache, and support files in different system directories. Thus, it is essential to delete these invalid components. Otherwise, they might interfere with other activities on your PC.
So, let’s see how can we clear up these components manually from MacOS.
- Go to the Finder, click the ‘Go’ button and select ‘Go to folder’ from the submenu.
- Type the path of the top-level library on the hard disk into the search field and hit ‘Enter.’
- Search for the files and folders containing the name of Malwarebytes and locate the matched items.
- Then right-click on the matched items and select ‘Move to Trash’ to move the selected items to the Trash folder.
Note: Deleting wrong items from the Library can affect other apps as well as your system in severe cases. Thus, be careful while deleting items from your Mac library.
Step 3: Empty the Trash
Once you empty the trash everything will be deleted immediately. Hence be cautious before carrying out this step.
- Right-click on the ‘Trash’ icon in the dock and choose ‘Empty Trash’ from the context menu.
- Click ‘OK’ on the popup to start the process.
- After emptying the Trash folder, ensure that Malwarebytes is no longer present on your PC.
- Restart your computer to done this method.
Hopefully, this article has helped you to get rid of the issues occurred due to the presence of Malwarebytes.