A Spotify premium account allows enjoying the full potential of Alexa’s music capabilities. Whereas, it is a must to connect Spotify to Alexa in order to play Spotify with Alexa.
This guide has clearly explained how to link Spotify to Alexa. If you want any help, then refer to this article.
Steps Involved in How to Link Spotify to Alexa:
It’s easy to link Spotify to Alexa by the following steps:
Step 1: Creating a Spotify Premium Account
Spotify premium account is a must to connect Spotify to Alexa. Thus, you need to create an account by the following way:
- Open a web browser and visit the ‘Spotify.com/signup’ website to sign up for Spotify.
- Either enter your email address or Sign up with Facebook.
- Enter the Email ID of your Facebook account and confirm it
- Select a new password for your Spotify premium account and provide the necessary information.
- Then, click on the Captcha to prove that you are not a robot.
- Finally, tap the ‘Sign Up’ button to open your Spotify account.
After creating the account, upgrade it to Premium to get a 30 days free trial. So, click the ‘Get first 30 days free’ button to get the trial period.
After completing the trial session, you will require to pay a fee for the features you are selecting for your Spotify account. Now, you are ready to use the Spotify music player.
Step 2: Connect Spotify to Alexa
- Make sure that your device is connected to WiFi and open Alexa on your device.
- Tap the ‘Gear’ icon to open the Settings app on your iPhone or Android device.
- Choose ‘Music and Media’ and click ‘Link account on Spotify.com’ next to Spotify.
- Tap on the ‘Login Spotify’ button and enter the email address as well as password for your Spotify account.
- Alternatively, you can click the ‘Login with Facebook’ link and provide your login information.
- Go through the terms and conditions and tap the ‘I Accept’ button at the end of the screen.
- You will receive a confirmation message for linking your Spotify account successfully to Alexa.
- You can close the window and use Spotify with Alexa.
- To make Spotify your default music service, open the Settings app and choose ‘Music and ‘Media.’
- Then tap the ‘Choose default music services’ button and select Spotify for your default music library.
- Click on the ‘Done’ button and access your Spotify library with Alexa voice commands.
- Now any music you want to play through Alexa will use Spotify first.
That’s all you need to do to link Spotify to Alexa. For any queries, leave your feedback in the comment section below.