Recently, users started getting Gmail error 6922 unexpectedly. They started facing this issue whenever they were trying to open an attachment in their mail. As a result, users were not able to access their attached documents such as PDFs and Docx files.
Generally, more than one reason is responsible for this particular error code. Poor internet connection, outdated Gmail application and virus or malware attacks are some of the major causes.
Easy Ways to Fix Gmail Error Code 6922
Gmail error 6922 is a very rare issue that restricts users from accessing their Gmail account. However, you can fix it by following the solutions mentioned below. These solutions will help you to fix them on your own easily.
Solution 1: Restart your Computer and Router
In most of the cases, the Gmail error 6922 occurs due to poor or fluctuating internet connection. Therefore, the best way to fix the issue is to restart the internet as well as the computer system.
When both the devices are turned on, open the Gmail app and check to see if it works fine. Try the next methods if you’re still facing the issue.
Solution 2: Disable Antivirus and Firewall
Antivirus programs are known to block a number of both safe and unsafe websites from opening. Thus, this could be the reason for Gmail error 6922. Therefore, you can try to resolve this issue by disabling the security software.
You can do this by following the instructions below.
- The first and foremost thing you have to do is to look at the bottom-right corner of the Taskbar and click on the antivirus option as well.
- After that, tight-tap on the antivirus option and choose the Antivirus Shield Control icon by clicking on it. Now, from the present window, you have to transfer the Antivirus Shield Control to the next opening window.
- Next, choose the time period for disabling the software temporarily. Afterward, open your Gmail account to see if the issue has been resolved.
Solution 3: Delete Browser’s Cache
In order to eliminate the Gmail error code 6922, it is advised to clean out all the caches and cookies immediately to get rid of the issue.
Additionally, you can even reset your browser’s settings as well. However, this will delete your history, site data, extensions, themes, and add-ons. Therefore, you can try to fix this by simply clearing your browser’s cache.
You can do this by following the instructions given below.
- Firstly, tap on the three dots in the Google Chrome browser and choose the “More tools” option from the menu. Here, select the “Clear browsing history” icon by clicking on it.
- Thereafter, go to the “clear browsing history” section and here you need to click on the small checkbox options that are next to “Cookies and other site and plug-in data” as well as “cached image and files” icon.
- Now, you should set a preferred mode by which you can select data from the “obliterate the following items” by clicking on the drop-down menu list.
- Once you have done the previous methods tap on the “beginning of time” icon. Next, it’s time to choose the “clear browsing data” icon that can be located at the bottom of the Windows.
- After completing all the steps, restart your computer and reopen the Gmail application and check if the error is still arising or not.
To summarize, you should be able to solve Gmail error 6922 on your own by following these solutions. Additionally, you can easily get customer support articles on the forum for fixing similar Gmail errors. You should try to reset your browser in case you’re still facing this issue.