Microsoft’s Windows 10 is equipped with the objective to make Windows more user-friendly. It also keeps on rolling out new updates so that the OS becomes high in functionality. Windows 10 is one of the best OSs so far, but users face certain issues with it. Windows 10 error code 0xc004c060 is one such problem that many users face.
This error generally appears due to the misconfigured system files of the Operating System. However, there can be many more reasons behind the occurrence of the error.
In case, this Windows error code is currently troubling you in the activation process, then take the help of this article.
Here, you will receive the fixes for the error code along with their potential causes.
Common Reasons for this Windows 10 Error Code 0xc004c060
In this section, we can learn the reasons for the error code to show up. Knowing the reasons will help you fix the error code without any failure.
- If the Windows OS is incompletely installed, then the error code can occur.
- As discussed earlier, misconfigured or corrupt system files can also lead to this error code.
- A recent virus or malware attack on the system can cause the Windows error code.
- An incomplete uninstallation of an application is also a reason for the issue.
- Improper shutdown of the system can also lead to error.
- Downloading corrupt Windows Activation files also leads to the error code.
So, these are the common causes that can lead to the error code. After knowing the causes, it’s time to use the fixes so that the problem can be resolved.
Troubleshoot the Microsoft Word Error Code 0xc004c060
In this fixing section, you will understand the fixes that can resolve the error code.
Fix 1: Use the Windows Activation Troubleshooter Tool
The Windows Activation Troubleshooter is a basic tool that detects and repairs any problem in the system.
- In the first step, press the Windows and I keys at the same time.
- As the Settings window opens, select the Update & Security option.
- Now, choose the Activation tab on the left pane.
- After that, click on the Troubleshoot option to start the process.
- Windows will automatically detect and repair problems with the OS.
- Once the process finishes, reboot the system and then check if the error code is fixed or not.
Once you have performed the steps, you will be able to fix the issue. However, if the issue is still there, then perform other fixes.
Fix 2: Set the Windows to Update Automatically
The problem is the default system update settings can lead to this Windows Activation error code. If this is the case, tweak the default settings to get rid of the issue.
- Open the Start menu and then type Windows Update in the search bar. After that, select the first search result and open it.
- As the new window opens, select Advanced Options.
- On the succeeding page, turn on the toggle beside ‘Automatically download Updates, even over metered data connection’ option.
To save the changes, restart the system and then check if the error code exists.
Fix 3: Change the Activation Product Key
In another fix, you can try to change the Activation Product Key. But before you start off with the procedure, create a System Restore Point to protect all your data.
This Windows error code can occur if the Product Key has been expired. So, you can change the Product Key manually through the steps:
- First of all, close all the applications and login into your system as an Administrator.
- Again, open Settings and move to the Update & Security option.
- Now, click on the Security tab and then select the Change Product Key option.
- After that, enter the new Activation Product Key in the box and then click on the Next option to continue.
- Now, wait as the system updates automatically reboot itself.
As the system starts, check if the Windows error code persists or not. In case it does, try to perform the next fix.
Fix 4: Delete the Temporary Files
The Microsoft Office Suite can display the error code if the temporary files create any obstruction. Having temporary files can also make the system slow.
Therefore, clear them out with the following steps.
- At first, open the My Computer window and then right-click on the system drives.
- From the list, choose the Properties option.
- Inside the Properties option, go to the General tab and then choose the Disk Cleanup option.
- Now, scroll down to find and choose the Temporary Files option.
- After that, click on the OK and Yes button to confirm the action.
Finally, close the window and then see if the Windows error code still lingers.
Fix 5: Turn Off the Proxy Settings
There can be cases, where the error code can occur due to proxy conflict. If Microsoft is unable to connect to its servers, it would display this error code.
In such cases, you have to disable the proxy settings by following these simple steps here:
- On your system, open Internet Explorer and then hit the Tools option.
- Now, choose the Internet option and then click on the Connections tab.
- After that, click on the LAN settings and then uncheck the box that says “Use a Proxy Server for your LAN”.
- Afterward, click on the OK button to save the new change and then close the window.
At last, you can check if the error code is still displaying or not. Now, if you still see the error code, then try to perform the next fix.
Fix 6: Reinstall the Fresh Version of the Microsoft Office Suite
Due to the virus attack, the Microsoft Office Suite can be corrupted. Thus, you can encounter this error code.
In this case, you can try to reinstall a fresh version of it and to do so, you can follow the procedure given below:
- Initially, go to the Start menu and then open the Control Panel from its search bar.
- Then, navigate to the Programs section and after that to the Programs and Features option.
- Here, find and select the Microsoft Office Suite and then click on the Uninstall option.
- Once done, install a fresh version of the Microsoft Office Suite from its official website.
As you are done, check if the error code still persists or not. We hope that now you will be able to fix the error code on your own.
So, these are the ultimate fixes for your Windows 10 error code 0xc004c060 and you should not face it any longer on the system.