HP computer users sometimes note an error notification 0xc0000034 while turning on the system. This error appears with an error message “The Boot Configuration Data file is missing.”
Although the users preferred to use HP laptops due to its reliability. But, HP error code 0xc0000034 is a common problem for the users.
The error can appear due to various reasons. This error mainly appears due to incorrect boot configuration. Various kinds of hardware and software issues might cause this error.
There are numerous solutions that can help you resolve the problem. In this article, we are going to provide you all the possible solutions that can fix the error easily. So, let’s have a look at the entire article, to get to the details.
Easy Hacks to Fix HP Laptop Error Code 0xc0000034
If you are looking for effective solutions that can fix HP Laptop error code 0xc0000034, then you are on the right page. Go through the steps and implement the methods very carefully to fix the problem.
Fix 1: Verify the BCD File
You should try to verify the BCD file if there is any problem with it. The following steps will help you to verify the BCD file.
- At first, press and hold the Power button.
- Keep pressing the ESC key from the keyboard while the “ESC key Pausing Startup” is getting displayed on the computer screen.
- Press the F2 key from the keyboard this will help you to start the “System Diagnostics” options. You can check if there is any hardware issue on your computer while using this.
- If there is no hardware issue, then press the ESC key from the keyboard while pressing the Power button. This will help you to enter the Startup menu. Then, tap the F11 key from the keyboard to launch the “System Recovery” options.
- After that, select the keyboard layout and go to the “Choose an option” and click on the “Troubleshoot” option. Then, click on the Advanced option.
- Then, choose the Automatic Repair option and choose the “Target Operating System” option. This will help you to launch the Automatic Repair option.
- If the problem lingers then you should Refresh or Reset the computer.
How to Reset the HP Laptops/Computer?
Here are the steps to reset your HP laptops/computer.
- At first, turn on the computer and go to the Start menu click it to open.
- Select the Settings option from the appearing menu. Then, click on the ‘Update and Security’ option.
- After that, click on the Recovery button and select the Get Started option.
- Click on the ‘Remove everything’ option. But, you should also keep a backup before going through this method.
Fix 2: Troubleshoot the Error with Command Prompt
The problem can be fixed by using the command prompt. Try to use the commands that are given below and check if it can resolve the problem or not.
- At first, use the Windows installation disk to boot up the HP computer.
- After booting up the system, a black screen will appear on the computer screen “Press any key to boot from CD or DVD”.
- Now, press any of the keys from the keyboard.
- Select the exact time and keyboard type. Then, click on the Troubleshooter option from the appearing window.
- Click on the Advanced option, then choose the Command Prompt button.
- Then, write down the commands and hit the Enter button from the keyboard.
1st: Bootrec /fixmbr
2nd: Bootrec /fixboot
3rd: Bootrec /scanos
4th: Bootrec /rebuildbcd
- Now, check if the problem is resolved or not. If the problem still appears, then you should move on to the next fixing method.
Through this article, we have tried to provide you with all the possible fixes that can help you to resolve HP error code 0xc0000034. Try the steps that we have mentioned in the article, to get rid of the problem.