The HP internal battery error 601 can appear when the storage capacity of the battery is severely low or if it cannot retain any charge within it. Sometimes, this error can even appear when the battery is new or it cannot retain the charge.
Or, this issue can even appear if the battery is not connected in a proper way. Also, if the battery’s lifespan has ended, even then you can encounter this error.
If you are facing this error, then no need to worry. Here, we have provided solutions to this issue. And, after going through them and applying them, you should be able to get rid of this error in no time.
Table of Contents
Solutions To Fix the HP Internal Battery Error 601
In this section, we will discuss the fixes that will help you resolve the HP internal battery error 601 quickly and easily. Follow the fixes one by one, in the order provided and get the issue fixed in no time.
Fix 1: Insert the Battery Once Again
Sometimes, if the connection of the battery is not correctly set, then there is a possibility for you to encounter this issue. If such is the case, you will have to re-insert the battery of the HP laptop. In order to do that, follow the steps underneath.
- First, shut the laptop down in a proper way.
- Then, remove the ‘Power’ adapter from the wall socket and then take out the battery from the back of the device.
- Once the battery is removed, press and hold the ‘Power’ button for at least twenty-five seconds to completely remove the residual power.
- After that, put the battery back into the laptop and then insert the ‘Power’ cable into the wall socket.
- At last, start the laptop and then check whether this method fixes the error or not.
Fix 2: Start the HP Laptop without the Battery
One of the simplest answers to rectify the HP internal battery error 601 is to remove the battery and use the laptop only with the power adapter. Here are the steps on how you can do it.
- First, turn off the HP laptop. Next, remove the battery and then the cable from the power supply.
- Now, to remove the static electricity from the motherboard of the laptop, tap and hold the ‘Power’ button for 20 seconds and then let go of it.
- Next, without inserting the battery, connect the ‘Power’ adapter of the notebook computer on the wall socket.
- Lastly, start the computer normally and see if this issue gets fixed or not.
Fix 3: Execute a Battery Test
HP laptops come with a system diagnostic tool that allows you to test the battery and optimize its performance. You can utilize this tool to get rid of this error with the battery. For that to happen, follow the steps below.
- First, tap the ‘Windows logo’ on the taskbar to open the ‘Start’ menu. From that menu, locate and then press the ‘Power’ icon. This action will launch a popup list.
- Next, from that list, choose the ‘Shut down’ button.
- Then, boot up the computer and press the ‘Esc’ key.
- As soon as you tap on that key, the ‘Start’ menu will come up once again.
- Now, hit the ‘F2’ key, in order to open the ‘Battery Test’ tool.
- Once this tool comes up, follow the instructions that appear on the screen and fix this issue accordingly.
Fix 4: Replace the Battery of the HP Laptop
If not a single fix mentioned above resolves this issue, then the final option for you is to replace the battery of the laptop with a brand new one. Always make sure to purchase an original and authentic HP battery, otherwise, the replacement component can further damage the laptop.
In order to fix HP internal battery error 601, you can follow the methods provided above. However, if the fixes do not work and the issue still remains, you can comment below the exact problem you are facing and we will get back to you with the proper solutions.
Or, you can always contact an expert for avoiding the hassles of carrying out a technical fix by yourself.