BitDefender is popular security software that helps to keep the computer safe from malware, viruses and other harmful programs. However, users might face the ‘Bitdefender installation failed error’ while trying to install this software.
This error could be caused due to various factors such as a poor internet connection, misconfigured DNS settings, corrupted or incorrectly installed Bitdefender application.
Easy Solutions to Fix Bitdefender Installation Failed Error
After determining the causes, follow the solutions below to try to resolve it. Hopefully, they should be able to resolve the installation failed error.
Solution 1: Perform an SFC Scan
Incidentally, Bitdefender installation failed error may have occurred due to faulty system files. Therefore, you can fix this by executing an SFC scan. It is a pre-installed utility that can automatically scan and fix Windows system files.
Follow the steps below to run the SFC and chkdsk utility on your system.
- First, click on the Start icon and type ‘cmd’. Right-click on command prompt and select ‘Run as Administrator’.
- Next, type the following commands one by one and execute them by pressing the Enter key.
- sfc /scannow
- chkdsk /f /r
- Finally, restart your system and try to install BitDefender once again.
Solution 2: Unblock Bitdefender Installer
Sometimes Windows prevents the installation of certain programs to protect your computer. Thus, you have to unblock it by following the steps mentioned below.
- Head over to the directory where the installer is located. Next, right-click on it and select Properties.
- Afterward, navigate to the bottom right corner of the Properties window and check if you see an option for ‘Unblock’. Simply click on it and choose yes if prompted.
- Finally, run the installer as an Administrator and try to install it again.
Solution 3: Disable third-party Security Software
If you have installed any third-party antivirus then it can be a major reason for Bitdefender installation failed error. In such cases, uninstalling the program can easily solve this error.
Follow the steps given below to uninstall it from the system.
- Press the Windows logo button and the letter ‘R’ at the same time. Type ‘appwiz.cpl’ and press enter.
- Next, choose the relevant third-party security software and uninstall it from your system.
- Finally, restart your system and try to install the BitDefender program once again.
Finally, you should be able to get rid of BitDefender Installation failed error by going through the solutions mentioned above.