While updating or restoring your iOS device with the help of the iTunes application, users may get the Apple iTunes error 3256. Usually, this error occurs due to unstable internet connection and misconfiguration of the IPv6 settings. Moreover, an outdated software or virus infection could also be responsible for this.
Table of Contents
Effective Steps to Resolve Apple iTunes Error 3256
Here are several ways by which you can easily resolve the Apple iTunes error 3256 on your system. One of these solutions will help you to fix this issue so follow each step very carefully.
Step 1: Check the Internet Connection
When you encounter iTunes error code 3256, you need to first check the internet connection as it is the primary cause of this error. Thus, go through the following points.
- Check the status of your Wi-Fi network. Open a browser and log in to your router’s settings panel. Below, you will see a Network status bar that will indicate whether the ‘Link is Up’ or ‘Down’. If it is down, then connect to a different network.
- If you are using cellular data, then restart the phone to modify the settings option. Alternatively, you can directly connect to the internet through the Ethernet cable. This will help to overcome the network fluctuation issues.
Step 2: Update iTunes Application
Updating the iTunes application can also help to avoid such issues. This can solve many other iTunes related problems as well.
Therefore, go through the following steps to update your iTunes application.
- First of all, turn on the iPhone and then move to the iTunes application. After that, enter the username and password to open the application. From the menu bar, click on the Check for Updates option.
- After doing this, follow the on-screen information and get the fresh version. Now, download and install the updated version manually.
- After installing the advanced version of the iTunes application, restart the iPhone and check whether the error 3256 is fixed or not.
It is important to note that both the PC and iPhone versions should be the same. Therefore, you should update the iTunes application on your PC as well.
Step 3: Check Security Software of your Computer
If you have installed any antivirus software in your device, then you need to uninstall it or temporarily disable it from your device or PC.
- At first, launch the antivirus software on your device and move to the Settings option. After that, click on the Disable Antivirus option.
- You can also fix the disable time. Now, check whether the error code 3256 fixed or not. If you are still getting the same error then it is better to uninstall it.
- To uninstall the antivirus simply tap on the antivirus software and then you will find Uninstall option from the list.
- Then you have successfully removed the antivirus software from your phone. If you are using the iTunes application in the laptop then, go to the Control Panel section and the move to the Programs and Features section.
- Here you will find all the installed applications on your device. Locate the antivirus software and then right-click on it.
- Select the Uninstall option from the list and then click the OK button to confirm the action. After uninstalling the antivirus software, check whether the problem gets resolved or not.
Step 4: Restart the iOS Device
If the above solutions do not help you to fix Apple iTunes error 3256, then you can try this simple solution to fix this issue. Many issues can be resolved by simply restarting the device.
Thus, you can try to fix this error code by restarting both your iPhone device and the computer system as well. Check to see if the issue has been resolved or not.
Step 5: Update Your Computer
If your computer is not up to date or if you found any update is pending, then it might be causing the error code 3256. Thus, follow the steps below to resolve this issue.
- Press the Windows Start button and then head over to the Control Panel section.
- After that, move to the Update section. Now, from the left panel, select the Update Windows option.
- Now, click on the Update Windows option. It automatically checks whether an updated version is available or not. If yes, then download the latest version and install it. It will take some time to complete the process.
When the process gets completed, restart the system and your issue should be resolved by now.
To conclude, the solutions described in the above section should be enough to resolve Apple iTunes error 3256.