The Apple ID is the most essential part of Apple devices that helps to operate the device normally. However, most users have been facing Apple id could not sign-in error on their new iPhone lately. This issue has been occurring especially after the iPhone 11 update.
Sometimes, this issue may also occur if you haven’t set up the date and time correctly. Similarly, using multiple Apple IDs for different applications can cause this error as well. Therefore, you should try to use only one Apple ID to enjoy all the features.
Table of Contents
Effective Solutions to Eliminate Apple ID Could Not Sign-in Error
You can easily resolve this issue by simply following one of the solutions mentioned below. Make sure that you follow each step carefully and with precision.
Solution 1: Sign Out of Apple ID and Sign Back In
When the Apple ID won’t sign in on your iPhone then you need to sign out and sign back in. Sometimes re-signing into the device can fix several problems on your device.
- Get your iPhone or iDevice and tap on the Settings option which is normally grey and has a gear icon.
- Now, scroll down the list and tap on the Sign Out option at the bottom of the screen.
- Next, enter the iCloud Passcode to proceed and then tap on Turn Off.
- A prompt will appear asking whether you want to keep your files or not. Simply choose on yes and confirm.
- After that, close all the open apps and restart your device. Finally, sign in to your device once again.
Now, check if the issue has been fixed or not.
Solution 2: Reset Apple Device Settings
Another solution to fix the signup error on your iDevice is to simply reset the Apple device. Furthermore, this will help you to resolve other unknown errors as well.
Hence, you can reset your device by following the steps below.
- Get your iPhone or iDevice and tap on the Settings option.
- Now, scroll down the screen and find the General title from the options and tap on that.
- After that, find and tap the Reset option.
- Next, tap the Reset All Settings option from the list.
- Now, enter the Passcode when prompted and then tap the Confirm button.
Finally, wait for the reset process to be completed and your device should restart automatically. Now, enter the Apple ID and Password to see if the device is now signing in as earlier.
Solution 3: Reset the Apple ID and Password
If none of the above methods work, then resetting the Apple ID and Password may be the only option to overcome this issue.
Therefore, follow the steps below to reset your Apple ID.
- Open a browser in your PC or laptop and head over to “appleid.apple.com”.
- Here, choose the ‘Forgot Password’ option and click on your preferred choice of resetting your password. You can do this by using the Security question, Recovery Email or the Two-factor authorization method.
- After that, enter the new password and reenter the password to confirm it.
Now, restart the Apple device and sign in to the device using the new login credentials. The issue should be resolved by now.
Hopefully, one of the methods discussed above should help you to easily overcome the Apple id error could not sign-in issue. You may need to get in touch with Technical support if you’re still facing this issue. They will be able to resolve your issue from their end.