Several users have reported “Avast UI failed to load” when trying to run the program on computers. This error occurs when the installation is corrupted or when a module in Windows is in conflict with the antivirus.
When Avast shows such an issue, you need to cater to it at the earliest. Otherwise, your system security will be compromised.
So, we have here come up with the fixes to this particular issue when the Avast UI fails to load. Follow the fixes and apply them to get rid of the issue quickly and completely.
Table of Contents
Factors Causing the Error “Avast Antivirus UI Failed To Load”
There are three primary reasons for the cause of the error and we have mentioned them below.
- Third-party programs interfering with the anti-virus.
- Installation might create this problem, the installation might be corrupted.
- Remote desktop services are not running properly on the computer. The issue with remote desktop services can give rise to such problems on Avast.
Avast UI Failed To Load: Fixes to Try
We have provided some quick fixes for this particular error in the section below. Go through them thoroughly and implement them one by one to resolve this error at the soonest.
Fix 1: Enable Remote Desktop Service
Remote desktop services have been present in the Windows server since 2008 and play a vital role in some operations of the computer. It forms the core part of the Windows without which many applications fail to run. Follow the steps below to enable this service.
- Press Windows + R, type “services.msc” in the dialogue box and press Enter.
- Once in the services search for the entry remote desktop service, right-click it and select Properties.
- Once in the Properties, make sure that the service is running. Press Start and set the startup type as Automatic. Press ok to save changes and exit.
- Restart your computer and launch Avast again.
Fix 2: Try Reinstalling Avast
If the above procedure does not work on your computer, you can try using this method. The reason for the above method not working might be a corrupted file of Avast. Remove the previously installed Avast and try reinstalling.
- Download the Avast Uninstall Utility from the official website.
- Once you have downloaded the utility, boot your computer in safe mode and run the program to completely remove Avast.
- Install Avast again after you uninstall the old one. Make sure to log in as an administrator.
- Restart your computer in normal mode after reinstalling.
Fix 3: Remove All Other Antivirus Programs
Other antiviruses that are running in your computer might create an issue with Avast. Therefore you can shut down all the other anti-viruses and try installing Avast.
Fixing Avast UI Failed To Load In Windows 10
Avast is fully compatible with Windows 10 but there are errors occurring sometimes, that has been reported by many users.
Here are some additional problems and its fix for Windows 10.
Windows 10 Cannot Recognize Avast
The most frequent problem users face is that Microsoft Windows 10 sometimes cannot recognize Avast protection.
First of all, uninstall and then reinstall the program.
Then follow these steps:
- Right-click on Avast icon on the taskbar.
- Go to shields control and choose to disable for 10 minutes.
- Enable it again, select enable all shields.
- This will hopefully terminate the problem and Windows will recognize Avast and if the problem persists you can try using another way mentioned below,
- Right-click on the start menu and choose Command Prompt(admin).
- In the Command Prompt, type winmgmt/Verifyrepository > hit Enter
- If you get ‘WMI repository is consistent no- problems detected; type ‘winmgmt / resetrepository’ and press Enter.
- When you get, ‘Wmi inconsistent no-problems detected, type ‘winmgmt / salvagerepository’ and press Enter.
- When you see ‘WMI repository has been salvaged- WMI repository has been successfully rebuilt; continue to the last step.
- Now restart your computer.
That’s all! Here, we have covered all the fixes for the issue of Avast UI failing to load. If you are aware of any other fix, please let us know about it in the comment section below.
Have a problem-free Avast experience!