ASUS Atk0100 Driver Error is one of the most common error codes faced by Asus users. It is commonly caused by misconfigured system settings or due to missing drivers. This error halts the function of the Fn or function key on your keyboard.
Furthermore, this error is displayed every time the user starts his computer. Thus, we have provided solutions for this issue in the following section.
Effective Solutions to Fix ASUS Atk0100 Driver Error
There are three effective ways by which you can easily resolve this issue. Thus, follow the steps given below in order to fix the ASUS Atk0100 Driver Error.
Solution 1: Download the ATK0100 ACPI Drivers
Primarily, this error can be easily fixed by simply installing the ATK0100 ACPI driver from the official manufacturer website. Thus, follow the steps below to do so.
- Open any browser and head over to the official website of Asus. Next, go to the Drivers & Tools page.
- Next, enter your laptop’s model number and its name into the search bar. Thereafter, select the OS version that you are using and go to the Header utility option.
- Afterward, find the ATK0100 ACPI software from the list. Lately, it can be found as ATKACPI Driver as well. Simply download it on your computer.
- After the download has completed, run the installer as an Administrator.
- Finally, follow the on-screen instructions and install the device driver on your system.
When the installation is completed successfully, restart the computer to see that your issue has now been resolved.
Solution 2: Update the Device Drivers
Other times, an outdated or corrupted device driver can cause this error on your Asus laptops. Hence, you need to update the device drivers by following the instructions given below.
- From your keyboard, press Win Key + R at the same time. Next, type ‘devmgmt.msc’ into the text field and hit the enter key.
- When the Device Manager opens, locate the driver that is outdated and right-click on it.
- Next, select the Update option and select ‘Search Automatically’ to proceed with the next steps. Wait for the update process to be finished and restart your system. Check if you’re still facing this issue.
Solution 3: Uninstall Unwanted Third-Party Applications
Sometimes, an unwanted application may be conflicting with the ATK0100 ACPI driver by deleting its important files or directory. Thus, you need to find and remove such applications from your system. You can do this by following the steps below.
- Press the Win key + R at the same time and type ‘control’ in the empty text field. Press enter or click on Ok.
- When the Control panel opens on the next screen, select the Programs and Features option from the left side. Click and open ‘Uninstall a Program’.
- Now, locate and Uninstall unwanted programs from the list of installed applications.
Now, when the Uninstallation is completed successfully, apply all the same steps for all the affected applications. Finally, restart the laptop and see if the ASUS Atk0100 Driver Error has been resolved.
By following the above steps, you should be able to easily fix ASUS Atk0100 Driver Error on your Asus laptop. However, you may need to consult a professional technician if you’re still facing this issue. It could indicate a hardware failure for your laptop’s touchpad.