If you are an Apple TV user, you may have encountered the Apple TV error 3905 error on your device. This error message comes up whenever you try to connect your TV with a router. Thus, it indicates that “There was a problem connecting to the network.”
The main cause of this issue is due to some glitches present in the wireless security settings. Other reasons may include outdated firmware, misconfigured settings, and interference in the Wi-Fi network.
Effective Methods to Fix Apple TV Error Code 3905
Here are some effective methods which you can utilize to resolve this error on your own. Simply follow the methods as listed and your problem should be fixed in no time.
Method 1: Check the Wireless Security Settings
First, you have to check the Wireless security settings of your router in order to resolve this issue. Thus, make sure that you go through the following steps to do so.
- Incidentally, make sure that you have entered the correct answer or not.
- Afterward, go to an existing connected device to check whether the internet is working or not.
- Finally, try to connect to another network to see if you’re still facing this issue or not.
Method 2: Restart the Apple TV
After the previous step, you can try to fix this issue by simply restarting your Apple TV. Therefore, follow the instructions given below to do so.
- Navigate to the Apple TV’s Settings option and go to the General tab.
- Here, select the Restart option.
- Once you notice your Apple TV turns on, try to connect to your Wi-Fi once again.
Method 3: Update the Apple TV Software
Sometimes, an outdated version of Apple TV software may cause this error. Therefore, you should update the Apple TV software to try to resolve this issue. Follow the steps below to do so.
- Connect the Apple TV to the Wireless router using an Ethernet cable.
- After that, navigate to the Settings option and then choose the Update Software option.
- Now, you need to check if any updates are available for your TV. If it is available, click on the Update now option in order to proceed further.
- Next, wait for the update process to get finished.
- Subsequently, follow the instructions and install it accordingly. Finally, restart the Apple TV and check if the issue has been resolved.
Method 4: Check MAC Address Filtering
MAC Address filtering is an added layer of security that is present in almost all brands of routers. This helps the device to automatically deny network connection to any device whose MAC address isn’t listed in its filtering list.
Therefore, you should check your Apple TV’s MAC address and add it to the exception list of your router. You can check the MAC address of your Apple TV by following the steps below.
- From the main menu, head over to Settings and choose Network or About.
- Here, you will be able to see the Apple TV’s MAC address right beside the ‘Ethernet Address’ or the ‘Wi-Fi Address’.
- Alternatively, you can see the MAC address printed on the Apple TV box’s label.
Next, you have to note this down and enter the MAC address in your router’s MAC Address filtering list. You can do this by logging into your router’s settings page and go to the Wireless Network Settings.
After adding the Apple TV’s MAC Address, restart your Apple TV and check its Wi-Fi connection. Your issue should be resolved by now.
In summary, you should be able to easily resolve Apple tv error 3905 by following the above steps. Alternatively, you can try to fix this issue by simply contacting a professional technician to help you out.