The error code 0xc0000225 indicates that Windows cannot find the system file or disk file to use for booting. Thus, users get this error code while booting their HP laptop. As a result, the laptop does not switch on and they are unable to use it.
This error comes up with an error message says “Your PC needs to be repaired and An unexpected error has occurred.” Sometimes, it also appears “A required device isn’t connected or can’t be accessed.”
There are various reasons behind the occurrence of this error. One of the most common reasons for this problem is a corrupted or damaged system file or disk file. Sometimes, if the hard disk file system is not correctly configured, or the hardware is damaged then this error code will occur.
Easy Methods to Fix HP Laptop Error Code 0xc0000225
In the following segment, you will get to know various methods that may help to fix the error on your HP laptop. Thus, do exactly as instructed below.
Method 1 – Perform Automatic Repair
If you can not boot the HP laptop due to this error code then you need to try to perform the automatic repair. For this, you need to create an installation media on a working computer.
Visit Microsoft’s official website and download the installation media for your system type and version of windows. Next, copy the installation media on an empty disc or Pendrive and go back to your own computer.
Afterward, follow these instructions carefully:
- At first, switch off the laptop and insert the installation disc or Pendrive to the relevant port. Next, turn on your laptop.
- Afterward, press the F2 or F12 key to enter the boot menu. Here, change the primary boot to your disc or Pendrive and restart again.
- Now, you will see the Windows installation Media load up. Simply click on Repair your computer option.
- In the next window, you will see Choose an option list will appear. From that list, choose the Troubleshoot section.
- From the Troubleshoot window, click on the Advanced options and then select the Automatic Repair button.
You need to wait a few times to complete this process. Once the process is done, reboot your laptop and check if the issue has been resolved.
Method 2 – Set the Partition as Active
An alternative effective method is to set the active partition of your disk. The Windows permits you to modify the active partition so your laptop can recognize where to boot from.
Somehow it can get affected due to various reasons. Therefore, you may need to modify it to boot from the right partition. Go through these steps below to do so.
- At first, insert the Windows Installation Media and then restart the laptop.
- Once the laptop restarts, you will see Choose an options window will display on the screen.
- Select the Troubleshoot button from that list and then choose the Advanced options section.
- After that, click on the Command Prompt button from the Advanced options section.
- When the Command Prompt window opens, type the following command and then hit the Enter key after typing each command to launch the Disk Partition tool.
- list disk
- Next, type ‘select disk (your disk number)’ to select the primary disk.
- Afterward, type ‘list partition’ and hit the Enter button to run this command.
- Now, type ‘select partition (your disk number)’ and activate commands to activate the relevant disk.
Once the process is done, reboot the HP laptop and see if the error has been resolved or not.
Method 3 – Repair the Boot Sector
Due to the damaged or corrupted boot sector, Error Code 0xc0000225 can appear on the laptop. To resolve this error code you should repair the boot sector by following these instructions:
- Restart the laptop during the boot sequence with the Windows Installation Media.
- When the laptop restarts, you will get Choose an Options list will appear. In that list, select the Troubleshoot button and then click on the Advanced Options option.
- From the Advanced window, choose the Command Prompt option.
- When the Command Prompt window opens, type the following commands:
- Once it is executed, close the Command Prompt window and then reboot your laptop. Now, the boot sector is repaired and your HP laptop should start without any errors.
Method 4 – Update the BIOS of HP Laptop
If the BIOS has not been updated then you may see this error code on the screen. To solve that error code, you need to try updating the BIOS on your HP laptop. It is important to note that it is an advanced method. Thus, you have to be very careful while updating the BIOS.
You can do this by following the steps below.
- First of all, visit HP’s BIOS manufacturer website. Usually, you can find the latest BIOS on HP’s website as well.
- In that window, search the latest version of the BIOS of your HP laptop.
- After finding this, download the file by clicking on the Download option.
After completing the download file, you need to install it properly. When you install it, you need to follow the onscreen instructions carefully.
Once the installation process is finished, reboot your laptop and then check if the problem should be solved or not.
Method 5 – Perform System Restore
It is possible that the change in the system configuration or a recent update in registry has caused the problem.
Thus, you need to perform the system restore to roll back the system to a restore point when it was in perfect working condition. Go through these directions mentioned below.
- Insert the installation disc and enter into Boot mode by pressing the F2 or F12 keys repeatedly. From the menu, choose Repair your Computer.
- Next, go to Advanced options and select System Restore.
- Finally, choose a restore point and follow the instructions as displayed.
The process will take a few minutes to finish it. After executing this process, check if your HP laptop is working once again.
In conclusion, the methods discussed in the above section should help to fix HP laptop error code 0xc0000225. Additionally, you may need technical support if you’re still facing this issue. They will be able to pinpoint the exact cause and help your laptop to start working again.