Windows users often face the error message ‘AP mode not supported Error in Window 10’ and associated with the Connectify Hotspot of the device. This error usually means that the broadcast adapter doesn’t support the Wi-Fi network.
Connectify Hotspot is a software application that helps users to turn the Laptop device or Windows PC into a virtual router. This app also shares an Internet connection with all of the devices.
Therefore, it uses the Windows Networking features to make it more simple for the users. Hosted Network is a feature of the Windows Operating System used by Connectify Hotspot to create the access point mode.
If you are using Windows 10 Operating System, then Connectify Hotspot can create a hotspot utilizing a Surface tablet with the help of the Wi-Fi direct. But sometimes, the Hosted network adapter doesn’t support the AP mode.
If you are struggling with the same error and tired of searching the solutions for this error, then you have arrived at the right page. In this guide, you will get to learn three amazing ways which can help you to troubleshoot this error.
Hence, you should have a glance at the article discussed below. So, let’s start.
Easy Tips and Tricks to Fix the AP Mode Not Supported Error in Windows 10
Here, we are going to provide 3 easy hacks to fix this error. You should stick to the methods described below:
Fix 1: Select Roll Back Driver
Another solution you should try is to rollback driver. To do that, you should follow the steps mentioned below:
- First and foremost, launch the Run Dialog box by pressing the R and Windows key both at the same time from the keyboard.
- Then, type “devmgmt.msc” in the Run box and tap on the OK button to open the ‘Device Manager’.
- Navigate to the ‘Network Adaptors’ section. Select the ‘Wi-Fi Adaptor’ from the next page.
- Tap on the ‘Properties’ from the list. Navigate to the ‘Driver’ and tap on the ‘Roll Back Driver’ option.
- Exit from the current window and restart the system to save the changes.
Now, you should check if the issue has been fixed. Else, you should move on to the further solutions stated below.
Fix 2: Check for the Driver Update
Another solution you should try is to update the driver of the device. According to some users, they have fixed this error by updating the driver.
You can check for the driver updates by visiting the website of the manufacturer. Else, you can also visit the official website of the wireless adapter and check for the driver updates.
You can also do the same manually. To update the driver manually, you should stick to the steps given below:
- In the beginning, bring up the Start menu.
- Type “device manager” in the search bar of the Start menu. Tap on the ‘Device Manager’ showing at the top of the search result.
- Click twice on the ‘Wireless Adaptor’ category to open it.
- Now, you should tap on the ‘Update Driver’ option.
- Click on the ‘Search automatically for updated driver’ option. Now, the system started to check for the available updates.
- Once the updating process completes, you should tap on the Finish button.
After updating the driver, if you still face the same error, then you can add a USB dongle to the system.
Fix 3: Add a USB Dongle to the System
By adding a USB dongle, you can also fix this error. Here, you have to use a USB Wi-Fi dongle that supports WPA2 network. Nowadays, most of the USB wireless dongles support the WPA2 network.
Hence, you can choose any one of them. After adding the USB dongle, you should check whether the issue has been fixed.
In this guide, we have described the most possible hacks to get rid of the AP mode not supported error in Windows 10. You will surely put an end to this error after implementing the above solutions.