Choosing the best PCIe Wi-Fi card for your computer can be challenging. Because there are several high-end wireless cards available on the market. Thus, before you get the right one for the device, check its wireless range. The Wi-Fi card must support the three wireless standards – 802.11g, 802.11n and 802.11ac.
Additionally, the PC owners must check the quality of the antennas that the PCIe Wi-Fi card is using. You might have checked the wireless adapter’s price, but that’s not enough. It is also important to consider the Wi-Fi card’s maximum internet speed.
Besides, the PCIe Wi-Fi adapter must support MU-MIMO technology. It will help you play high-resolution games without network lags. Some of the latest wireless cards also support Bluetooth connectivity. Thus, you can connect the external peripherals to the PC with this advanced Wi-Fi card feature.
Now, let’s see the best PCIe Wi-Fi card that you can get for your PC:
1. TP-Link AC1300 PCIe – Best Budget PCIe Wi-Fi Card
If you’re looking for a budget-friendly PCIe Wi-Fi card, TP-Link AC1300 will be the right choice. It supports 8021.11ac wireless standards and ensures users get gigabit broadband speeds. Moreover, this wireless card is dual-band in nature. You can connect to both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz networks with AC1300.
This TP-Link PCIe Wi-Fi card delivers speeds up to 867mbps on a 5GHz network. To get a guaranteed speed through this Wi-Fi speed, there are two external antennas. These antennas also help users to increase their wireless range. AC1300 is ideal for those who need a stable Wi-Fi connection for remote working.
Here are the exclusive features of TP-Link AC1300 PCIe:
- It has high-quality heat sinks to distribute heat away from core components.
- Users can stream 4K content and play RPG games without interruption with AC1300.
- This TP-Link PCIe Wi-Fi card removes the hassle of using a wireless router.
2. Asus PCE-AC88 AC3100 – All-in-One PCIe Wi-Fi Card
Asus is best known for offering premium quality networking equipment and its AC3100 is no exception. If you need a dual-band PCIe Wi-Fi card for your PC, go with this one. It works with the 802.11ac wireless standard the best. Besides, Asus has included the NitroQAM technology in this card to boost the Wi-Fi speed.
PCE-AC88 AC3100 can provide Wi-Fi speeds up to 2100MBps on a 5Ghz network. You will get 1000Mbps speed on a 2.4 GHz network. Switch to its 5GHz network when performing high-bandwidth activities on a PC. Enable the 2.4 GHz connection when surfing the web or sending important emails.
Here are the advanced features of the Asus PCE-AC88 AC3100:
- It has four external antennas to increase the wireless range and signal stability.
- AC3100’s custom-made heatsinks control the excess heat when running multiplayer games.
- This Asus PCIe Wi-Fi card improves the gaming and browsing experience.
3. TP-Link 6 AX3000 – Designed for Gaming PC Users
AX3600 is TP-Link’s first PCIe card that utilises the latest Wi-Fi 6 technology. It is a dual-band wireless adapter and is compatible with Windows 11 PCs. Moreover, TP-Link 6 AX3000 allows you to connect the device to 2.4 GHz networks. For faster Wi-Fi speed, ensure to use its 5Ghz network.
TP-Link included the OFDMA technology in this card to offer uninterrupted internet services. This Wi-Fi card comes with MU-MIMO technology to improve your media streaming experience. Moreover, gamers can play popular online games without network issues using this Wi-Fi card.
Now, let’s check out the best features of TP-Link 6 AX300:
- It has two antennae that can be attached and adjusted easily.
- This TP-Link Wi-Fi card has Bluetooth 5.0 technology for your PC.
- Users can connect multiple wireless devices simultaneously using TP-Link 6 AX3000.
4. Ubit AX1200 PCIe Wi-Fi Card – Great for HD Video Streaming
Are you searching for a PCIe Wi-Fi card that will work with Windows 7 or later versions? Then, Ubit AX1200 might be the best option. It has a built-in Intel-powered dual-band Wi-Fi chipset to improve the Wi-Fi network reliability. Moreover, this Ubit PCIe Wi-Fi card delivers the best wireless performance to PC users.
Thus, there is no need to install any additional driver on Ubit AX1200. It is easier to set up and install this advanced PCIe Wi-Fi card with its bundled CD utility. Besides, the card motherboard features a short circuit prevention design.
Users will get 900 Mbps wireless speed on its 5GHz network and 300Mbps on its 2.4 GHz network.
Here are the exclusive features of the Ubit AX1200 PCIe Wi-Fi card:
- It is perfect for 4K video streaming, gaming and streaming online music.
- This wireless card is compatible with the latest Bluetooth devices, wireless mouse and keyboards.
- Ubit AX1200 works best the mini and standard-size Windows computers.
5. Gigabyte GC-WB867D-I – Best Bluetooth PCIe Wi-Fi Card
Gigabyte GC-WB867D-I currently has the highest market value for its exclusive features. The manufacturer included both a Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connection in this PCIe card. Its 802.11ac wireless standard exhibits high speeds of 867Mbps on the 5GHz network.
You can use the 80Mhz channel to improve the internet speed easily. Additionally, users get the latest Bluetooth 4.2 connection in Gigabyte GC-WB867D-I.
Ensure to plug the black header from the card onto the motherboard to use Bluetooth. You will get 40 feet of signal range by using this Gigabyte PCI-e Wi-FI card.
Here are the best features of the Gigabyte GC-WB867D-I wireless card:
- This PCI-e Wi-Fi card works with all Linux OS versions and Windows 10/8/7.
- It allows you to install the drivers for the Wi-Fi connection from Gigabyte’s site.
- Your home network will be secured by the security features like WPA, AES-CCMP, WPA2, TKIP and WEP.
6. Rosewill AC 1300 – A Next-Generation PCIe Wi-Fi Card
Rosewill AC1300 has two detachable antennas supporting AC 802.11 wireless standard. This dual-band PCIe Wi-Fi card delivers 867 Mbps speed on a 5GHz network and 400 Mbps speed on a 2.4 GHz network. Using this wireless card, you can play games and stream 4K Ultra HD videos without network lags.
Its Beamforming technology and the 3×3 dual-band modulation secure a signal range of 30 feet. Moreover, this Rosewill PCIe Wi-Fi card has aluminium heat sinks. It also supports advanced security features like 64/128 WEP and WPA/WPA2. If you want a mini PCIe Wi-Fi card for your computer, go with Rosewill’s AC 1300.
Here are the other features of Rosewill AC 1300:
- Installation of Rosewill AC 1300 is pretty simple and easy.
- It is compatible with Windows 10,8.1, and even XP OS.
- This PCIe Wi-Fi card will work with Linux and the latest Ubuntu LTS Kernel 16.04.
Alternative PCIe Wi-Fi Cards that are Worth Buying in 2022
You can buy TP-Link’s T9E Archer for your Windows 8 computer. It offers up to 1900 Mbps speed on 5Ghz and 600Mbps speed on 2.4GHz frequency.
This PCIe card’s Beamforming technology will help you to get a stable Wi-Fi connection. However, if you are looking for a compact Wi-Fi card, StarTech AC 1200 will be the best choice. So, take time to research and choose the right PCIe Wi-Fi card for you.