System freezing after an almost successful Windows update can be annoying. But this may be a result of Windows update error 0x80070422.
A lot of users are getting this error code while trying to update or install the Operating System on their computer. It comes up with an error message that says:
There are some problems installing updates, but we’ll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: (0x80070422).
This error code appears if the Windows update service is not running. Sometimes, malware infection can also cause this error. Additionally, other security software installed on the system can cause this error on the system.
If you are also suffering from this error, then you have arrived at the right place. Here, you will learn some simple and easy techniques to resolve this issue on your computer.
Solutions for Windows Update Error 0x80070422
Here, we are going to explain some easy and effective workarounds which will help you get rid of the Windows update error 0x80070422. Go through the fixes and perform them accordingly as instructed below.
Fix 1: Restart Windows Update Service
If the Windows update service is not running, then you may fail to update the Windows system and receive the error code 0x80070422 on the screen. So, you should restart the service. To do that, follow the steps hereunder:
- Open the Run box, write services.msc and then hit the Enter button.
- From the Services window, find Windows Update, right-click on it and then choose the Properties button.
- When the Properties window opens, go to the Startup type and set it to Automatic. Then select the Apply button and click on the OK option to save the changes.
- Once the service restarts, try to update the Windows system.
Fix 2: Turn Off IPV6 in Network Connection
When you try to update the system, you should turn off the IPV6 in network connection. To disable it, follow these directions:
- Press the Windows Home button and X key together to launch the WinX menu list and select Network Connections.
- From the Network Connections window, go to the Ethernet tab and click on the Network and Sharing Center button.
- Locate and double-click on the network to open the Properties window.
- From the Properties window, find Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP /IPv6) option and unmark it. After that, select the OK button to save it.
Fix 3: Turn Off Network List Service
By turning off the network list service, you may be able to solve the Windows update error 0x80070422 on your computer. Follow the directions cited below:
- First of all, type services.msc in the Run box and then hit the Enter key or click on the OK option.
- Find the Network List Service from the Services menu list and double-click on it.
- On the Properties window, set the Startup type is to Disable from the drop-down menu. Then click on the OK button to save the changes.
- After following these steps, restart your computer and check whether the error code still persists or not.
Fix 4 – Install the Latest Version of the Driver
If the device driver has not been updated properly, then it can affect during the system update. So, you should update the driver correctly. Try to follow the undermentioned steps.
- First of all, open the Device Manager application.
- From the Device Manager window, check which Device driver is outdated. Then, right-click on that driver and choose the Update Software Driver button to begin the update process.
- Once the process gets completed, reboot the Windows machine and then check if the system updates correctly without any error.
Fix 5 – Run the Windows Update Troubleshooter
Running the Windows update troubleshooter fixes several issues with Windows Update including the error 0x80070422. The following steps will help you:
- Go to the Settings window.
- In the Settings window, go to the Update and Security section and select the Troubleshoot tab.
- From the Troubleshoot tab, scroll down the page until you find the Windows Update section, click on it. Then select the Run the Troubleshooter button and follow the directions which come up on the screen.
- After completing this process, check to see whether the issue is solved or not.
Fix 6 – Check EnableFeature Software Data
An alternative process that you can use to eliminate the error code 0x80070422 from the Windows 10 system is to check EnableFeature Software data. Perform the steps below.
- Open the Search Panel, type regedit and then hit the Enter button.
- From the Registry Editor window, go to the following paths HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Microsoft > Windows > CurrentVersion > WindowsUpdate > Auto Update.
- Locate the EnableFeatureSoftware Data, double-click on it and then set the value is to 1. Now check if the error code still occurs or not.
Fix 7 – Uninstall the Third-Party Antivirus Software
Sometimes, a third-party security software can also prevent the Windows 10 system from updating. So, before starting the update process, you should uninstall the third-party antivirus application from the system and then check if the issue is still there or not.
If you want to know how can you perform this process, follow the directions cited below.
- Navigate to the Settings window.
- Double-click on the Apps section and then go to the Apps and Features window.
- On that window, scroll down the page and find and select the third-party antivirus software. After that, click on the Uninstall button.
- Once the task is finished, restart the device and then try to update your PC.
Fix 8 – Perform a Clean Boot
Performing a clean boot can also solve the Windows 10 update error 0x80070422 on the device. Steps that you can try are mentioned below.
- Type msconfig in the Run dialog box and then select the OK button or hit the Enter key.
- When the System Configuration window opens, navigate to the Services tab and mark on the Hide all Microsoft services button and then click on the Disable All button.
- Next, go to the Startup tab and click on the Open Task Manager link.
- On the Task Manager window, go to the Services tab and disable all the services one by one.
- After doing this, reboot the Windows 10 system.
Issues with Windows updates can be frustrating and hamper your work. But the methods provided here will surely help you fix Windows update error 0x80070422. Try these fixes on your computer to get rid of this problem. You can also get in touch with a professional to solve this error.