At the time when Dell products are excelling around the world, there are users who confront ceratin technical failures with ther Dell laptops.
Dell laptop screen flickering is one of those technical flaws that several users encounter after installing the latest version of the Windows OS.
This situation occurs due to various factors. But, some of the major events include faulty hardware components, corrupted device drivers, and so many others.
In some instances, if you made any changes or modifications in the power plan, then you might face this screen flickering error on your Dell device.
To overcome the problem, stay connected with this post till the end.
Here, in this guide, we will be going to enumerate all the possible fixes for this screen flickering error.
Table of Contents
Predictable Causes of Dell Laptop Screen Flickering Windows 10
To eliminate the screen flickering error from the root, it’s necessary to identify the primary causes of it. Thus, identify the principal causes at first and then rectify it with the most trustworthy possible solutions.
- Outdated or corrupted graphics driver
- Modification in the screen resolution
- Poor or weak internet connectivity
- Incompatible programs or software
These are the foremost factors that can lead you to the laptop screen flickering error on your Dell device. Apart from them, if you have corrupted system files, then this error can even appear.
Effective Ways to Dell Laptop Screen Flickering Problem
There can be various ways by which you can get rid of the screen flickering error. However, here, in this section, we are going to mention some of the reliable ways rid the error.
Perform Clean Boot in Safe Mode
Some of the Windows features can cause such issues in Windows including the screen flickering error.
Thus, it is required to inspect whether the Windows is properly working on Safe Mode or not. Hence, boot your Dell device in Safe Mode and perform a clean boot process.
- At first, reboot your device and at the time of booting, press the Shift key while restarting the device. Then, locate and select the Troubleshoot option from the resultant menu.
- Afterward, navigate to the Advanced Options and hit the drop-down menu. From the Drop-down menu, click on the Startup Options.
- Now, select the option “Safe Mode With Networking” and hit the Restart button from the list.
Thereafter, perform the clean boot process by following the steps underneath:
At first, press the Home and R key altogether to invoke the Run window. After that, type “msconfig” and hit the Enter key. This will then open the Configuration window
Now, in the Configuration window, navigate to the Service tab and locate and select the “System Configuration” dialog box.
In this tab, find out the option “Hide All Microsoft Services” and place a tick mark to the checkbox. After that, hit the Drop-down menu and choose the “Disable All” button from the menu.
In the same window, go to the Startup and click “Open Task Manager” option from the menu. Next, choose all the applications one by one that belongs to the third-party sources. Hit the “Disable” button to turn them off.
In the end, close the “Task Manager” window along with all the System Configuration dialog boxes.
Restart your Dell device and review whether the issue gets removed or not.
Run the Windows Recovery Program
After performing the clean boot in Safe Mode, if the screen flickering error still persists, then you should run the Windows Recovery program.
- Go to the Start icon and choose Settings from the queue menu. Now, in the Settings window, select the option called Update and Security.
- Afterward, locate the Recovery option and follow the on-screen guidelines to refresh and complete the Windows Recovery process.
Once the process finishes, reboot your device to let the new changes take effect.
Upgrade the GPU Driver
Another potential reason for the screen flickering error is the corrupted or backdated Graphics driver. Therefore, if you are using an outdated GPU driver, then you should install its new version
At first, click on the Start icon and then type “Device Manager” and hit the Enter key. This process will launch the Device Manager window. Here, in this window, you will see a list of hardware installed on your device.
Afterward, locate and choose the Display Adapter option. Next, right-tap on the Graphics Card and select the option “Update Driver Software” from the resultant menu.
If a new update is available, then hit the “Install Update” button from the menu and wait for a while to finish the process.
After installing the updates successfully, reboot your device and apply all the new changes.
Deactivate Windows Service
Certain built-in services of Windows OS can trigger some issues. So, there is a chance that you encounter the screen flickering error due to some Windows Services.
In such situations, it is a wise choice to deactivate the Windows Service to get rid of the error.
- Firstly, go to the Search box, type “Services.msc” and hit the Enter key to open it. Now, navigate to the Desktop Windows Manager and click on it.
- Then, hit the Stop button to inactive the process. Go to the General tab and choose Disabled in Startup Type. Finally, hit the Apply and OK buttons to save all the new changes.
Reset the Monitor Refresh Rate
Incorrect monitor refresh rate can also create screen flickering error. Therefore, you need ti reset it and to do that, follow the given steps.
Launch the Settings window and then choose the System from the queue menu. Then, locate the Display and choose it to expand the section.
Afterward, select the “Display Adapter Settings” and navigate to the Monitor tab. Then, reset the “Screen Refresh Rate” according to your device’s capabilities.
Lastly, hit the Apply button from the menu. Post that, press the OK button to save the new modifications.
Eliminate Incompatible Software
There can be some applications or software that are not completely compatible with your device that might result in screen flickering error.
Therefore, you should eliminate the incompatible software with the following steps.
- Click on the Start icon and then type “Control Panel” into the search field. After that, hit the Enter key to invoke the Control Panel window.
- Once the Control Panel window opens, locate ad select the incompatible software and application, then hit the option “Uninstall a Program” from the menu.
- Choose all the incompatible applications one by one and hit the “Remove” button from the menu.
- After eliminating all the incompatible applications, reboot your device and check if the problem still continues.
In the above section, we have mentioned all the necessary details on the Dell laptop screen flickering. The above solutions are formulated to resolve the screen flickering error.
In case, after following the above solutions, the error still bothers you, then you can share your difficulties in the comment section below.