In recent times, when our lives revolve mostly around technologies, security is a concern. With the growing popularity of various online digital platforms, special cybersecurity measures are taken to ensure the safety and security of the millions of people who are using it in their day to day lives.
In the market of Cybersecurity Software Bitdefender is indeed a name most people trust. And true enough, it’s hard enough to find a match for the software when it comes to protecting your device.
Essentially speaking, Bitdefender Error 1020 is basically an update error of such an advanced cybersecurity software. The error code under scrutiny occurs in almost every version of Windows. It is essentially a runtime update error.
Mostly, the Bitdefender error code 1020 surfaces at the time of activation or installation of any software. Talking of its foremost causes, the error under question is mostly triggered due to serious internet issues.
However, that’s far from being the only cause behind the occurrence of the error under discussion. There are many other causative factors responsible for this issue. Thus, in this article, we bring you the most workable workarounds to fix Bitdefender error code 1020 in no time.
Table of Contents
Potential Factors Causing Bitdefender Error 1020
In this section, we are going to shed light upon some of the major causes triggering the error.
Speaking about some of its fundamental causes, the error generated mostly due to improper or incomplete installation of the software. Also, the problem largely surfaces if some entries related to crucial programs are missing. Besides, corrupt or missing program-related files can trigger the problem.
And, that’s not all. Apart from these, there are other causative factors that might generate Bitdefender error code 1020 more often. Thus, below we cite some other potential causes behind the occurrence of this glitch.
- Corrupt or defective Windows Registry can cause the error in question.
- You have every chance of running into this unexpected error in case you have downloaded faulty or corrupt software.
- Inappropriate or incomplete installation of the Bitdefender Antivirus Software is one of the foremost causes behind the error.
- Oftentimes, System Malware adversely damaging the Bitdefender Antivirus Software generates the error code.
- You have every possibility of confronting the error message if some of the program-related files get mistakenly deleted.
Feasible Solutions To Resolve Bitdefender Error Code 1020 Most Effectively
Now that you have gained adequate knowledge on BitDefender Error 1020 and also the major factor causing it, it’s time for us to proceed to the solutions.
Although frustrating, the error under question is not without a fix. And, in this section, we propose to offer you the most workable fixes to combat the issue. Thus, shedding your worries off, read through the remedial fixes we propose.
Perform a Thorough Malware Scan of Your PC
As discussed, Malware infection is one of the predominant causes of the error under discussion. Thus, one of the easiest resorts for you to take recourse is to initiate a full Malware Scan.
A thorough malware scan will eliminate the potentially harmful viruses present in your System.
Update the Device Drivers of Your PC
Bitdefender Error 1020 might also be caused due to damaged or corrupt device drivers. And to be quite honest, it is hardly possible to determine the actual cause behind a malfunctioning driver. There can be endless factors causing functional issues in a device driver.
Thus, under such circumstances, it’s indeed best for you to update your Device Driver. Now, there are many ways to update your device drivers:
Updating Device Driver via Device Manager
To update your Device Driver by means of the Device Manager, you need to go through the following measures.
- At first, you need to launch the Run Dialog Box by means of pressing the Windows Key and ‘R’ simultaneously on your Keyboard.
- The moment the Run Dialog box pops up, you need to feed in the command ‘devmgmt.msc’ and press the Enter button.
- Next, you will have to double-click on the option name ‘USB Controllers’ and select the option that says “USB Composite Device”.
- As soon as the Window pops up, choose the option stating “‘Update Driver Software”
- Thereafter, select the “Search automatically” option in order to locate the latest and most recent updates.
- Following this, you will only have to adhere to the remaining on-screen prompts to execute the updating process.
- Once completed, Restart your System.
- Now, you should no longer face the Bitdefender error code 1020.
Updating the Device Driver Automatically
Apart from updating the Device Driver by means of the Device Manager, you can also execute the same by means of an alternative Procedure. Automatic Update of your Device Driver is also possible. The following are the guidelines to perform the same.
- Right at the beginning, you will have to conduct a full scan of the PC.
- On performing a full scan, you will receive two options namely Update All as well as Update.
- In case you wish to update your Driver automatically, and install manually you will have to select the Update option.
- While, on the other hand, if you wish to opt for automatic installation, then select the option named Update All.
- Once downloaded, make sure that your Driver is compatible enough with your PC.
- It will only take you a couple of minutes to execute the entire procedure.
- Once completed successfully, you will have to restart your PC afresh.
Try to Reinstall your Windows
In case, you still confront the Bitdefender error 1020, the last and final resort for you is to reinstall your Windows afresh.
- First and foremost, you need to go to the Start button and click the Settings Tab.
- The moment the Settings window pops up, you must select the option named Update and Security. Thereafter, select the Recovery option.
- As soon as you do this, a fresh Window is going to pop up. Once in this window, locate the “Reset this PC” option.
- Once detected, you will have to choose the Get Started option.
- Finally, when you are done reboot your computer and visit the Sign-in Page
- Thereafter you must long-press and hold the Shift Key and hit the Power button.
- The moment your PC is turned on you will have to choose the Troubleshoot option and “Reset this PC” thereafter.
- On completion of the entire procedure, check if you are confronting the Bitdefender error code 1020 any longer or not.
Thus, with this, it’s time for us to part with you. However, before we bid you off, we strongly recommend you to take proper note proper note of all the solutions we offered.
We understand that running into the unexpected Bitdefender error 1020 out of the bloom is definitely quite depressing.
Nonetheless, with the guidelines we offered, resolving the issue would be pretty simple. Thus, try out these outstanding measures at the earliest.