Samsung has some very impressive Smart TV. They are among the best you can buy today. However, like all the electronic gadgets, you face some situation where you have to do a factory reset. So, here we will see the procedures of Samsung Smart TV Hard Reset.
Restoring your Device to its Factory Default Settings will remove all saved data.
Procedure For Factory Reset Samsung TV
Now, let us see the procedure to rest your newer as well as your older Samsung Smart TV models.
I. For The Smart TV Models From 2014 to Present
- Start by taking your remote and click the “Menu” button. This will bring up the main menu on your TV.
- After that, press the “Support” button and then click “Enter”. Now, you will see the option on the right side of your TV’s display. Note that the “Enter” button on your remote may also be indicated as “OK/Select”.
- Now, click on the option of “Self Diagnosis” and click on the “Enter” button.
- Next, on the “Self Diagnostic” page, choose the option of “Reset”. After that press “Enter”. Now, you will see a security PIN to appear on your screen.
- Then, enter your PIN here. However, if you have not changed your PIN, then you have to enter “000”. This is the default PIN for the Samsung TV. The Reset Window will now open up. But, if you have changed the PIN and have forgotten it, then you have to contact Samsung’s Customer Care. Only they will be able to solve this PIN problem for you.
- On the Reset window, you will be asked if you are willing to reset your TV. You have to click on the option of “Yes” and then click on “Enter”. Now, all the settings of your TV will be reversed back to its factory settings. This process will take some to complete. You may also see that your TV is restarting multiple times.
So, this is how to reset Samsung TV for the models from 2014 to the current one. However, if you have any older Samsung TV model, then you can follow the next solution.
II. For Samsung Smart TV Models Older Than 2014
- Take your remote and hold down the “Exit” button for 12 seconds. Make sure that you do this while the TV is switched on. When you will be holding the “Exit” key, you will see that the light for standby is blinking continuously.
- After 12 seconds have passed, lift your finger from the button. Now, the window for Factory Reset will show up on the screen.
- Next, click on the option of “OK” from the prompt on the screen. After this, the TV will reset back to the factory settings. When the process is complete, your TV will restart automatically.
- After the TV turns back on, you will see a setup process displaying on the screen. This is like when you have first bought your TV.
So, this was the process to factory reset the Samsung TV models from 2013 and older.
III. Factory Reset Samsung TV with the help of Service Menu
- This is a common method and can be used for all the Samsung Smart TV models. However, this method should only be used if other methods do not work. You have to turn off your TV and put it in standby mode. To know that if the TV is in standby mode, look at the light of the remote control sensor. In the standby mode, even when the screen of the TV is off, this light will stay on.
- After that, you have to press these buttons quickly one after the other; Mute, 1, 8, 2, Power. Now, a menu will show up on the screen. However, if you do not see any menu after 15 seconds, then you can other alternativesSleep, P.STD, Mute, Power.
P.STD, Menu, Sleep, Power.
P.STD, Help, Sleep, Power.
Display/Info, Menu, Mute, Power.
Mute, 1, 8, 2, Power.
Info, Settings, Mute, Power.
Info, Menu, Mute, Power.
- When the menu will appear, you have to press the “Reset” key and then click the “Enter” button. Your remote may have the “Enter” button as “OK/Select”. After this, the TV will reset.
- Now, the TV will start after sometimes and it will return back to its factory settings.
After you have done your factory reset successfully, you can now change the settings as per your preference.