When you are trying to download something from the App Store or from iTunes, you need the Apple ID and password. You also need it while logging into the iCloud on a new device.
If you forget the password, then you have to reset it. You can reset it from the web browser on your Mac, iPad, or iPhone device. But, if you are unable to remember the Apple ID, then you can also try to recover Apple ID password.
If you are currently struggling with this issue, then do not worry. In this article, you will learn the amazing hacks which can help you to recover the ID password.
Hence, take a glance at the highlighted points discussed below and try to eliminate the problem at the earliest. So, let’s begin.
How to Reset the Apple Password using the Security Account or Email Address?
Do you have the two-factor authentication enabled on your Apple ID? No, then you have to use the answer security question or email address to change the Apple ID or password.
To do this you should perform the steps as follows:
- First and foremost, visit the official website of Apple.
- Then, enter your email address in the ‘Apple ID’ section.
- Tap on the Continue button.
- Click on the ‘I need to reset my password’ option and again tap on the Continue button.
- Choose the ‘Answer security questions’ or ‘Get an email’ option.
If You Choose the ‘Get an Email’ Option: Perform the Following Steps
- Tap on the Continue button and then click on the Done button.
- Now, it will send you an email to your email account.
- Open your email account and check it. It will be named ‘How to reset your Apple ID password’.
- Afterward, tap on the ‘Reset now’ button.
- Now, you have to enter the new password and again enter it to confirm.
- Lastly, tap on the ‘Reset Password’ option.
If You Choose the ‘Answer security question’ Option: Perform the Following Steps
- Click on the Continue button.
- Now, you should verify your birthday and tap on the Continue button.
- Next, answer the two security questions that you are given previously and tap on the continue button.
- Enter the new password in the Password field and re-enter the same in the ‘Confirm Password’ field.
- Tap on the ‘Reset Password’ option.
Now, you should try to log in to the Apple account using the new ID and password to check if it is working properly.
How to Reset the Password if you have Two-Factor Authentication Enabled?
If you have the two-factor authentication enabled on your account, then you should follow the steps given below. Here, you need to use a device that is linked with the Apple account.
- In the beginning, go to the official website of Apple.
- Then, type your email address in the Apple ID section and Continue button.
- Now, enter the phone number linked with the Apple ID and tap on the Continue button.
- Next, you will be prompted to choose one of the devices that are linked with this account and click on the Allow button.
- Afterward, enter the password for your preferred device and tap on the Done button.
- Now, you have to enter the new Apple ID password that you have set recently.
- Again, enter it in the ‘Confirm Password’ field and tap on the Next button.
- Lastly, click on the Done button.
After applying the above steps, you should check whether you are able to log into the Apple account.
How to Reset the Apple ID Password on the iPhone?
You can also reset the Apple ID password from the iPhone device. You can only do that if the iPhone is signed in to the iCloud account and you have the passcode saved on the device.
- First, go to the Settings (it’s a gear-shaped icon) on the iPhone.
- Then, tap on the ‘Apple ID banner’.
- Navigate to the ‘Password & Security’ category.
- Afterward, go to the ‘Change Password’ section.
- Now, you should enter the password on your iPhone device and tap on the Done button.
- Now, type the new password twice in the ‘New Password’ and ‘Verify Password’ field.
- Tap on the Change button.
How to Reset the Apple ID Password on the Mac?
To reset the Apple ID password on your Mac device, you should stick to the steps given below:
- First and foremost, open the ‘System Preferences’ from the Applications or Dock folder.
- Tap on the iCloud button and click on the ‘Account Details’ option.
- Click on the ‘Security’ option and tap on the Change Password…’ option.
- Now, it will prompt to enter the Mac password, type in the requisite text.
- Type the new Apple ID password in the ‘New Password’ and ‘Verify Password’ fields.
- Tap on the Change button to complete the procedure.
How to Check the Apple ID if you have Forgotten it?
Apple can also help you to find the account even if you have forgotten the email ID. To do so, you should perform the steps provided below:
- First, go to the official website of Apple.
- Under the email address entry field, you should tap on the ‘Look it up’ option.
- Next, enter the first and last name, and the backup of the email address.
- Now, you need to confirm that you are using the full name linked with the Apple ID.
- Tap on the Continue button. If the name and the recovery email are saved in the system, then you will be taken to a page that prompts ‘Apple ID Found’.
- Tap on the ‘Go to Your Account’ option.
- Tap on the ‘Forgot Apple ID or password?’ option.
If you need to recover the Apple ID password, then you should follow either of the methods. Recover the password with the help of the security questions or email address.
In this post, we have provided a few simple tricks to recover the Apple ID password. We hope, after performing the above steps, you will be able to log into your Apple account without any further glitches.