Windows update error code 0X800705B4 is a common error that is often encountered by Windows users. This error might appear in different circumstances followed by different error messages. Though it’s not that tough task to attempt, it’s better not to avoid such annoying error codes.
There are two possible situations where you encounter this problem. One is when there is a problem with the Windows Defender and the other situation is when you are having a problem with the Windows update.
Due to this, you cannot update your Windows to an upper version. Sometimes, the error code might appears due to the corrupted system files as well.
So, if you are frequently encountering the same issue then, you need to perform some methods to resolve the problem.
Table of Contents
Methods to Fix Windows Update Error Code 0X800705B4:
There are various solutions for you in order to resolve Windows update error code 0X800705B4. Here, we have mentioned the top 6 methods to get rid of this error. Let’s get started with the first one.
Fix 1: Run Windows Update Troubleshooter
You can run Windows update troubleshooter to find out the problem and resolve it again. Hence, when you find the WIndows does not behave normally then, run this tool and get rid of this situation.
- At first, press the Start button and then, type ‘troubleshoot’ in the search bar. Then, hit the Enter button.
- Now, click on the Troubleshooting option from the pop-up menu. After that, click on the View All which is available in the left panel of the system screen.
- Next, choose the Windows Update from the list and click on the Advanced option.
- Thereafter, click on the Run as Administrator option from the drop-down menu.
- To proceed further, click on the Next button. After doing this, close all the tabs and restart the system.
Finally, check whether the error code still persists or not.
Fix 2: Change Windows Update Settings
According to the users, the error code mostly appears due to the faulty Windows Update settings. Therefore, change the Windows Update settings in order to fix the problem.
Hence, follow these steps mentioned in the section below and eliminate the error code from your device.
- First, open the Cortana and type Windows Update in that section. Now, check for updates option from the drop-down menu.
- Now, tap on the ‘Advanced’ option. Then, uncheck the box corresponding to the option ‘Give me updates for other Microsoft products when I update Windows’.
- Finally, restart the system. Again, launch the Windows Update Settings and click on the ‘Check for updates’ option.
- Now, check the option ‘Give me updates for other Microsoft products when I update Windows’ again and move to the Check for updates option.
Restart the system once again and check if the problem gets resolved.
Fix 3: Perform an SFC Scan
As mentioned earlier that the damaged or corrupted system files might lead you in this situation. Hence, you need to delete the corrupted files in order to resolve the problem by performing an SFC scan.
This is a simple step process. Hence, you can do it by performing the following:
- At first, press the Win + X key and choose the Command Prompt as an Administrator. Now, type ‘sfc/scannow’ in the Command window and hit the Enter button.
- Due to this, the System File Checker tool will open up and start scanning your device.
- After scanning, it identifies the damaged files and delete it from your device.
After doing so, close the tab and restart the system. Now, check of the error code still appears or not.
Fix 4: Run DISM Tool
Another tool that you can run in order to resolve the problem is to run the DISM tool. To do so, apply these steps.
- At first, open up the Command Prompt window as an Administrator. Now, enter DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth in the Command box.
- Hit the Enter button and it automatically starts scanning your device.
Hopefully, it will help you to eradicate the error code from your device.
Fix 5: Check any Pending Update for Drivers
If all the drivers installed on your device are not up to date, or there are any pending updates of any drivers then, there is a high possibility that Windows update error code 0X800705B4 appears.
Hence, check whether any update is pending or not. If yes then, update the drivers accordingly. To perform so, you should confirm that your device is a stable internet connection on it. Here’s how,
- First, press the Start button and then move to the Device Manager section.
- Here you will find all the drivers that are present on your device. Right-click all of them one by one and if possible update the driver accordingly.
After updating the pending one, restart the system and check to see if the error code still persists.
Fix 6: Turn Off Third-Party Antivirus Software
If you have installed any third-party antivirus software on your device, it can be prevented to update the Windows and as a result, you will get Windows error code 0X800705B4.
To do so, double-click on the third-party antivirus software and launch it on your device. Now, move to the Settings section.
Thereafter, select the Disable the Antivirus software and using toggle switch turn off the antivirus software. Now, restart the system and check the status of the error code.
Hopefully, after applying these methods, you can easily resolve Windows Update error code 0X800705B4. Read all the methods carefully and then apply them accordingly to get rid of this situation.