Windows Update error code 80070103 is a common problem, that most of the users face while the OS wants to upgrade any device driver. So, if you have updated your operating system to Windows 10 and it generates the error code 80070103, then you have to solve this problem as soon as possible. Else this error can create other related issues.
To know more regarding this error code you can read the further lines. From the below sections you can learn the methods of how to fix the Windows Update error 80070103.
What Causes Windows Error Code 80070103?
There are various reasons behind the Windows Update Error Code 80070103. Here we are highlighting them one-by-one.
- If you will install a driver that is already present on the PC, then this error code may appear on the screen. So, verify the driver version of the software first before you install them.
- If you try to install a driver which is not compatible with your device, then it also returns this error code. Always check the compatibility criteria of the software which you are going to install on your PC to avoid this error message.
- As mentioned earlier, if your Windows fail to update one or more device driver then you may face this error code.
To solve both of these issues, there are several solutions are available. You can follow the tasks manually. You can either go to your MS website and download and install all the latest drivers or you have to temporarily hide the driver updates. So, here are the methods that you can follow.
Methods to Fix Windows Update Error Code 80070103
Before you know how to fix Windows error code 80070103, you must know which device driver is causing this error. To find out the reason, you have to check your update history of Windows Update. Follow the below instructions for it.
- First, press Windows + S and wait for the dialogue box to generate.
- When the box will pop up, enter Windows Update and press Enter to open the application.
- Now click on View installed update history and you will be able to see the list of the drivers which are causing the error.
So, now let’s move to the solutions section directly, to fix this error.
Upgrade Your Device Drivers
You can use Windows Update for updating device drivers on your system. For that-
- First, click on the Windows logo.
- After that, in the search bar type Windows Update and click on it.
- On the Windows update page click on the Check for Updates option
- Now you can see all the recommended update. Click on Update to driver option that you will get under the update.
- Give a tick mark on the box of the drivers that you want to install.
- Once you are done, Choose Install Updates and Restart your computer and check whether the issue is still there or not.
Update the Drivers Manually
Windows update error code 80070103 may pop up if the driver that you want to install will not match the driver that is already present in your system. If this is the case, you have to install the driver manually.
- Click on Start Menu and in the search bar type devmgmt.msc and press Enter.
- You will get a Device Manager window. Click on the device driver that is causing the issue.
- Right-click on that device driver option in the list and choose Update Driver.
- Once you have done this, Restart your system and check the issue still persists or not.
If you hide updates, then the error message will not come up again. So to disable update, allow the following steps:
- First, press the Windows key to activate the search bar.
- In the search bar type Windows Update.
- Click on the Check for Updates option and then navigate to the “Optional updates available” section.
- Right-click on the update that you want to disable and then click on Hide Update or Don’t show this update again.
- Click and install the pending updates and then Restart your system to complete this solution.
Reinstall Your Device Drivers
After updating the pending drivers manually are you still getting this error? If yes, then go for the reinstallation process. To reinstall the drivers-
- Click on the Start menu and type devmgmt.msc.
- Get the Device Manager window and click on the driver that causes the issue.
- Right-click on that device driver and select Uninstall.
- Confirm the task by clicking on the Uninstall button.
- Reboot your system and let it adjust all the changes.
- Now, once your system turns on, open your browser and log in to your device manufacturer site.
- Install the latest driver from the site and Restart your system once again.
Hopefully, this solution will get you a positive result.
Use Windows Update Troubleshooter
If you run Windows Update Troubleshooter, then it will help you to remove errors from your system. You can try this solution to fix Windows update error code 80070103.
- Hit the Windows logo and open the Control Panel.
- Type Troubleshoot on the Search Control Panel bar.
- Click on the Troubleshooting option and then click on the Fix problems with Windows Update link.
- Now, you may have to enter your login User Id and password, select Troubleshooter button.
- When you get onscreen instructions, follow it and complete the process.
On a Whole
Hopefully, all these methods will be helpful for you and help you to solve Windows update error code 80070103. Read all the steps carefully and apply them one by one and get a fast and speedy Windows system. Apart from applying all these techniques, it will be better if you check your system hardware as well. Hopefully, you have got the complete information to fix the problem on your own.