Visual voicemail is an important feature, first introduced by iOS. This particular feature shows you a list of all the visual voicemails that you have received. However, updating the iOS device or some other way, you might face the ‘Visual Voicemail Currently Unavailable’ error message on your device. Generally, this error appears when the cellular data is turned off or your device is experiencing network issues. So, let’s learn how to fix visual voicemail currently unavailable error in no time.
Effective Ways to Fix Visual Voicemail Currently Unavailable Error
If you run into the visual voicemail currently unavailable error, then you can try to easily resolve it by following the solutions given below.
Solution 1: Toggling Airplane Mode
Turning on Airplane mode turns off the mobile network of the device. Thus, it can be used to ‘restart’ the network to try and fix the network issues on your device. Furthermore, the network settings will be refreshed as well.
You can do this by following the instructions given below.
- First of all, unlock your iOS device and then move to the Settings option.
- Here, you will find the Airplane Mode option. Besides this option, you will find a toggle switch. Simple, slide it to enable it.
- Wait for about thirty seconds and tap the same switch to turn off the airplane mode. Afterward, check whether you are able to access the visual voicemail or not.
Solution 2: Reset Network Settings
If the above method fails to fix visual voicemail currently unavailable error, then you need to reset the network settings to resolve this issue. Thus, follow the instructions below to do so.
- At first, press the power button and then unlock your iPhone. After that move to the Settings section.
- Now, tap on the General section and then select the Reset option. Here, tap on Reset Network Settings and wait for the process to complete.
- After a few minutes, a pop-up message will appear saying that the process has been completed. This means that you have successfully reset the network. Thereafter, check to see if you’re able to access your Visual Voicemail or not.
Solution 3: Reset Voicemail Password
It can occur that you have entered a wrong password to open up the voicemail account and as a result, you will get this error. In this case, the only solution for you is to change your voicemail password.
You can do this by going through the following steps.
- First of all, visit the carrier’s website and head over to the Voicemail section. Then, a new page prompt on the screen asking for login credentials.
- Now, click on the Forgot my Password option. Then you need to enter your phone number to get the one time password. Put the OTP and you will be able to change your password.
- Finally, log in to your account by entering the updated password. Now, check whether you are able to access the visual voicemail or not.
Solution 4: Restart your iPhone
Sometimes, just by restarting the phone, most of the users can fix this issue. Hence, you can try this if the above methods do not work for you.
Simply press the power button and then select the Reboot option to restart the device. Wait for your device to load and launch Visual Voicemail to check if you can see your voicemails or not.
Solution 5: Check If Voicemail Was Set Up Correctly
Sometimes, an update can change the configuration of your phone. Therefore, you need to check whether the voicemail was set up properly or not. Thus, follow the steps below to do so.
- At first, move to the phone application and choose the Voicemail app from the list. Now, select the Set up Now option.
- Then, create a new voicemail password and then tap on the Done option to confirm.
- Either you need to choose a default greeting or you can record it by yourself and set it which is known as a custom greeting.
At last, tap on the Done option to complete the process. Hopefully, the issue should be resolved after this solution.
To conclude, you should be able to resolve visual voicemail currently unavailable error by following the above methods. If you’re still facing this issue, then you can listen to your voicemails by simply calling your voicemail number the old-fashioned way.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How do I get visual voicemail back?
Why is my o2 visual voicemail unavailable?
Why did my visual voicemail disappear?