The error message, “MS Office Error Code 0xc004c060” is displayed when you’re trying to activate your Microsoft Office Suite. As a result, your Microsoft Office applications become unusable as it is not activated. Thus, we will discuss the best ways to resolve this issue effectively.
Fix MS Office Error Code 0xc004c060 in 5 Methods
Some of these troubleshooting steps will help to fix MS Office Error Code 0xc004c060. Make sure you follow them carefully. One or all of the following methods can fix this issue.
Method 1: Upgrade the Microsoft Office Suite
If you use an outdated version of the Microsoft Office Suite, then you can face the Microsoft Office Activation error more often. Thus, you need to install the latest version to fix this problem. You can do so by following the instructions below.
- First, choose the Microsoft Office Suite and launch any of the applications from this package.
- Now, click on the Help menu tab from the Menu Bar and tap on the Check for Updates from the drop-down list that appears.
- Navigate to the section says, “How would you like updates to be installed?” and tap on the Download & Install option from the same window.
- After that, choose the Check For Updates button and let the system accept the available services.
- Finally, relaunch the suite and check whether the MS office error code 0xc004c060 still persists or not.
Method 2: Disable Proxy Settings
Oftentimes, you can face the MS office error code 0xc004c060 if you have previously configured your proxy settings. Therefore, you have to disable it as it may resolve your issue. You can do this by following the steps below.
- Double-tap on the Google Chrome icon and launch the Chrome window.
- Now, click on the Control and Customize button (three-dotted icons) from the browser window.
- After that, choose Settings from the drop-down list and locate the Network from the sub-menu.
- Then, select the Change Proxy Settings from the resultant window and tap on the LAN Settings button.
- Uncheck the option says, “Use a proxy server for your LAN” and press the OK button to apply the new changes.
- Finally, close the window and restart the Microsoft Office suite. Check whether the MS Office error code 0xc004c060 has been resolved or not.
Method 3: Delete Temporary Files
Sometimes, junk files can corrupt system files and display the MS Office error code 0xc004c060. Thus, you can delete these junk files from your computer by following the given instructions.
- First, open the Settings window by tapping on the Gear icon from the Start Menu.
- After that, click on the System from the Settings window and tap on the Storage from the resultant page.
- Now, go to the Local Disk section and choose the Temporary files option.
- Next, select the files one by one that you want to remove and hit the Remove Files button.
- Finally, confirm the step and wait for a while until the junk files are moved from your system. Once done try to reboot and access the Microsoft Suite to verify whether the same issue still appears or not.
Method 4: Reinstall Microsoft Office Suite
Lastly, the final way to resolve this issue is by uninstalling and reinstalling Microsoft Office Suite completely. Follow the given steps below to do this.
- Type “control” in the Cortana Search Box and hit the Enter key to launch the Control Panel window.
- Now, click on the Programs and Features icon from the Control Panel window.
- After that, tap on Uninstall a Program from the Programs and Features window.
- Here, you can see a list of applications that are already installed on your system. Locate the Microsoft Office Suite and right-click on it.
- Then, select Uninstall from the Pop-up menu and confirm the process by tapping the YES button from the dialog box. Follow the online instructions that appear on the wizard screen.
- Wait until the uninstallation process is finished and when done, reboot the system in Normal Mode.
- Finally, go to the Microsoft Office Official website and install the latest version of the Microsoft Office Suite.
Method 5: Perform Online Repair
If the above steps fail to fix the Microsoft Office Suite error, then you might perform the Online Repair for a permanent result. Therefore, you can use the following methods to use the Online Repair tool.
- Press the Windows key from the keyboard and click on the Control Panel option from the menu.
- Now, click on the Programs and Features and choose the Office product from the next window. Right-click on it.
- After that, tap on the Change button and choose Quick Repair.
- Then, confirm the process by tapping the Repair (online) from the resultant window.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and finish the Office Suite repair process successfully.
To summarize, you should be able to overcome the MS Office error code 0xc004c060 by following the methods mentioned above. Usually, updating or reinstalling the Microsoft Office suite should easily fix the problem. However, you may need to contact technical support if you’re still facing this error.