Ms office error code 0x8007007b is an issue you can face while activating your Windows 10 PC. Sometimes you try to activate your Windows system by using the update and security option but face this MS office error code 0x8007007b. Not only in Windows 10, but you can get this issue in Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 as well.
There might be two main reasons for this error. One is the high volume of upgrades and another is the excessive use of the activation key. When you use one activation key many times, Microsoft can block that key and display this error.
Fortunately, there are many methods available through which you can fix error code 0x8007007b ms office. So check the below-mentioned methods to fix this issue.
Methods For Fixing Ms. Office Error Code 0x8007007b
If you are facing MS office error code 0x8007007b in your Windows system, then go through the following solutions one by one.
Method 1: Using the SLUI 3 Command
You can solve this issue by using the command prompt.
- First, press Windows and X key together and a small window will open. Click on Command Prompt (Admin) option from that window.
- A run window will come up on your screen. Type SLUI.EXE3 and click on OK.
- To recover your computer enter the product key.
- Finally, restart your computer.
After the whole activation process is completed, this error code won’t come up again.
Method 2: Using Old Product Key
If you have bought a computer without Windows 10 then you need to upgrade it to Windows 10 for getting the previous activation key. For getting the old activation key, follow the steps listed below.
- Press and hold Windows Key +X and choose command prompt (admin)(this command will show your previous key on-screen, so note that down).
- Type the command “wmic path softwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey” and press enter.
- Then click on the start button>click on settings> select update and security.
- Under the Update product key, you will see the option Change product key. Click on that and enter the product key that you have noted down earlier.
- When this code is accepted, you will not encounter this MS office error code 0x8007007b anymore.
Method 3: Upgrade Product Key Manually
To fix error code 0x8007007b MS office, you can use slmgr.vbs-ipk<ACTIVATION KEY GOES HERE> code.
- Click on Start and open a Command Prompt or search for Command Prompt (Admin)
- Type slmgr.vbs-ipk< YOUR ACTIVATION KEY GOES HERE> and press enter
- After the completion of the process, you will get a confirmation message of your product key.
- After getting your product key, type slmgr.vbs-ato and press enter and wait for the activation.
- Restart your computer and try the activation method once again. You won’t see MS office error code 0x8007007b anymore.
Method 4: Run sfc/scannow
By running an sfc scan you will be able to fix this issue. Just follow the below steps.
- Open a command prompt, type the command-sfc/scannow and let it complete its scanning process.
- After completing the task of scanning just restart your system.
- Try to activate your windows and this error code will not appear on your screen.
An Alternate Method: Fix This Error Code By Phone Call
In this method, you can call Microsoft and request for giving the solution. You only have to call its support team and explain that you are getting ms office error code 0x8007007b and Microsoft will help you either by changing your product key or resetting your present key so that you can use it for activation. You can go through the below steps for activation.
- Press Windows key + F, type in the search menu slui.exe 4 and press enter. A new window will come up on your screen.
- Press Windows Key +R, type slui.exe 4 in the new window and click on OK.
- You can see a phone activation window will open. Select your country and then select the phone activation option to get the toll-free number.
- You can call this number and get in touch with the Microsoft support team who can ask you to give them an installation ID so that they can provide you the activation code.
By using these methods you can easily fix error code 0x8007007b MS office on your Windows PC. All the steps are easy to execute and have simple setting options. While following these steps you have to be very careful as a single mistake can cause other issues instead of solving this problem. All the steps are explained in a simple language that you can read and apply easily.