The Lenovo laptop stuck key error will appear whenever some keys are pushed inside the keyboard panel of the notebook computer. This issue can occur when you use the keyboard of the laptop for quite a long period of time.
This issue can occur due to several reasons. For example, if some liquid gets spilled into the laptop, then you can encounter this issue. Or, when some dust gets accumulated at the side of the keys, then this issue can occur.
Whatever the reason is, you need to fix this issue to resume your work on your Lenovo laptop. Here, we have come up with some effective fixes to get rid of this error in no time. So, go through this article thoroughly and apply the solutions present here to eradicate this problem.
Table of Contents
Methods to Resolve the Lenovo Laptop Stuck Key Error
In this section of the article, you will get to know some quick and effective methods that will help you resolve the Lenovo laptop stuck key error. Follow them one by one on your laptop and fix this issue quickly.
Step 1: Take out the Battery and the Power Cable
In this subsection, there will be steps that will guide you on how to take out the battery and then remove the power cable of the Lenovo laptop. In order to do that, follow the steps given below.
- First, shut the Lenovo laptop down. Then turn the device upside down and locate the battery section.
- After that, remove the battery from its section and then take out the power adapter from the wall socket.
- Now, wait for ten to fifteen minutes. During that period of time, tap and hold the ‘Power’ button of the Lenovo notebook computer for a minute to get rid of the residue charge within the components.
Step 2: Pull the Stuck Key
Here the process on how to remove the stuck key from the keyboard is presented in a few steps. So follow along.
- First, take a blunt object and then take it under the stuck key.
- After that, try to gently pull up that key and remove it from the keyboard panel.
- Instead of a blunt object, you can use your fingernail and lift the stuck key off from the laptop.
- It is good if you remove all the other keys too.
Step 3: Clean the Keyboard
You will get the cleaning procedure of the keyboard in this subsection of the article. Follow the steps presented below.
- First, take a dry lint-free cloth and cotton swab then remove the dust from the keyboard.
- Now, take a damp cloth and clean the edge of the keyboard panel to remove any stubborn dust particles on it.
- Next, take individual keys that were removed and clean them with the dry and the wet cloth respectively.
- Be sure to check whether there are any foreign particles on the keys and clear them once again if necessary.
Step 4: Set the Keys Correctly on the Keyboard
Here, you will get steps regarding how to put all the keys back into the keyboard panel of the Lenovo notebook computer in the correct way. Therefore, follow the steps given below.
- Take an individual key and accordingly push it firmly back into the keyboard panel until you get a ‘click’ sound.
- Repeat the above step for all the other keys that are remaining.
- After all the keys are placed properly, now start the laptop and check if this issue is resolved or not.
Step 5: Replace the Keyboard Panel
If none of the methods above helps you in solving this problem, then as a final solution all you can do is to replace the keyboard panel of the Lenovo laptop with a new one. In order to replace the keyboard contact a professional for the best result.
To fix the Lenovo laptop stuck key error you will have to follow the steps above minutely. It’s a hardware problem and following the steps will help you fix it. However, if you do not want to carry out a technical fix by yourself, you can always connect with a tech professional for the best results.