iTunes error 0xe800000a is one of the most common errors experienced by various users while using the iTunes application on a PC. Thus, users get this error code when they are trying to connect their iPhone with the computer.
Generally, this error code is mostly faced by Windows users. There are a number of reasons responsible for this error code. The most common reason is using an obsolete iTunes application on your system. Apart from that, a faulty USB port and outdated Windows version can cause this issue as well.
Effective Solutions to Fix iTunes Error Code 0xe800000a
Before going to the mentioned steps, you should first restart your computer system. Alternatively, you can try to connect your iPhone with another USB cable or in another USB port. Thereafter, go through the following solutions if you’re still facing the issue.
Solution 1: Update to the Latest Version of iTunes
As we have mentioned earlier, an outdated iTunes application can get you this error code on your device. Therefore, updating the iTunes application to the latest version could easily resolve your issue. You can do this by following the steps given below.
- Open the iTunes application and head over to the menu bar. Navigate to Help and choose ‘Check for Updates’.
- Thereafter, follow the instructions on your screen and install any updates if they are available. If you can’t see this option, then you have probably downloaded it from the Microsoft Store. Therefore, you have to update it from the Store itself.
- Once the process gets completed, restart your device and check whether the error code has been resolved or not.
Solution 2: Reinstall iTunes
If the previous solution doesn’t work for you, then reinstalling iTunes is an effective way to resolve the iTunes error code 0xe800000a. However, it is important to carefully uninstall the iTunes application as there are a lot of other components involved in it as well. Thus, follow the steps below carefully to reinstall the iTunes application.
Step 1: Uninstall iTunes and Related Components
- First, press the Windows button and the letter ‘R’ at the same time. Here, type ‘appwiz.cpl’ and press enter.
- Now, you will see a list of all the installed applications on your system. Find and uninstall the following components of the iTunes application.
- Apple Software Update
- Apple Mobile Device Support
- Apple Application Support 32-bit (if present)
- Apple Application Support 64-bit (is present)
- As the final step, reboot your device by tapping on the Restart icon and let your device start automatically. Next, head over to the next step.
Step 2: Remove Leftover Files
- Once you have removed the iTunes and its related components, you have to verify whether they have left any files behind. Thus, press the Windows logo key and ‘R’ at the same time.
- Now, navigate to the Dialog box and type %ProgramFiles% in it. Tap on the Enter and check if any component has been left behind.
- If you find so, then select and Delete them from the list. Similarly, delete any Folder called Apple if found under Common Files. Thereafter, head over to the next step.
Step 3: Install the latest version of Itunes
- Go to a browser and visit the official site of Apple. Next, head over to the Downloads section and find the latest version of iTunes.
- Subsequently, download it on your system and run the installer as an Administrator.
- Finally, follow the instructions as displayed to complete the installation procedure. Thereafter, login to your iTunes account and try to connect your iPhone now.
To summarize, the above solutions should easily help you to get rid of iTunes error 0xe800000a. You may have to get in touch with Technical assistance if you’re still facing this issue.