iPad error code 9006 is one of the common issues that is faced by a number of users. This particular error code might occur while you are downloading, updating, or restoring an iPad. Generally, there is no exact reason for this particular issue as it may occur in many cases.
However, the most common causes were found to be a poor network connection, incomplete software update and outdated iTunes application for this error code.
Table of Contents
Easy Solutions to Fix iPad Error Code 9006
If you are encountering this problem then the following solutions should fix it for you. These solutions will easily help you to fix iPad Error Code 9006 on your own.
Solution 1: Update iTunes
You might face the iPad disabled error code 9006 if you have an obsolete version of iTunes. In such instances, you should update the iTunes application and then check the status of the error. You can do this by following the instructions below.
- Launch the iTunes application on your device. Next, look at the top of the screen and click on that menu bar from where you can see the iTunes option.
- Subsequently, select the option “Check for updates” and tap on it. By doing this you will see the updates that are available for your device.
- Click on the latest one and agree with all the terms and conditions as well.
- Follow the on-screen instruction and then restart your device to check whether the error code is still showing up or not.
Solution 2: Disable Firewall and Security Software
Seldom, due to some obstacle from your security software, you might encounter iPad error code 9006. Verify if the firewall and other security software are preventing iTunes from connecting to the Apple server. Next, follow the instructions below to disable them.
- First, navigate to the Homepage and tap on the Start menu. It is located in the bottom left corner of your screen. Thereafter, click on the search box and type ‘firewall’ in the required field and click on the Windows Firewall.
- Once you have completed the above method, click on the window page that appears on your screen then tap on the “Allow an app through Windows Firewall” from the available menu.
- Here, you will notice some Allowed applications pop-ups on the screen and you have to tap on the Change Settings options to add the iTunes on the white-list.
- Now, choose the “Allow another app” and a box will appear. Just choose the Browse icon and then move to select the iTunes files.
- At last tap on Open > then Add > and finally OK. These will save the changes you have done recently. Check if this solution works for you or not. If not then go to the next solution.
Solution 3: Reset TCP/IP Settings
Sometimes, third-party applications can change the packet size of the network on Windows operating systems. As a result, it can conflict with other applications including iTunes. Thus, resetting TCP/IP settings could help to resolve iPad error code 9006. You can easily do this by following the given steps.
- Press the Start button from your home screen and type ‘cmd’. Right-click on it and select ‘Run as Administrator’.
- Next, type the following commands and execute them one by one.
netsh winsock reset netsh int ip reset ipconfig /flushdns
- Afterward, type ‘shutdown -r’ and press enter to restart your computer. Check to see if it has resolved your issue.
Solution 3: Restore the iPad Device
If you have already tried all the above methods mentioned above then the last option for you is to restore your iPad device.
But before going to execute the method you should remember to keep a backup record of all the information that is stored on your device. Because by implementing this method all the data might be erased from your iPad. Follow the steps to do so.
The first and foremost thing you have to do is to start the iTunes tools and after that connect your Apple to your Mac device.
Next, choose the device that you desire to connect. Here you need to choose the iPad device.
Then, navigate to the Summary panel and tap on the Restore option.
Keep waiting while the restoring process is going on. Do not shut down your device or open any tab as well. Finally, check the error status if it’s gone or still persists.
Here we have already mentioned all apparent solutions that will definitely help you to resolve iPad disabled error code 9006. But in case if the error is still showing on your device then get in touch with technicians for further help.