If you are an Android user, you can get many free as well as paid apps for your smartphone from Google Play Store. But, the Android error code 940 stops all the downloading processes.
This error code can also be displayed as the Google Play Store error code 940. So, if you are unable to download any application due to this error code, then you need to fix it. Therefore, we are here with this article for effective troubleshooting.
There can be a variety of reasons for this error code. So, we will try to discuss all of them here in this article. Moreover, you will also learn some of the most popular fixes to get rid of this error code.
Table of Contents
Primary Causes for this Android Error Code 940
It is always better to know the causes of any problem before you start off with the fixes. The various reasons that you need to know are as follows.
- Any issue with the WiFi or Mobile Data Network can lead to the mobile error code.
- Having insufficient storage on the device is also a reason for the problem.
- Any issue with the Google Play Store updates can be responsible for the issue.
- If the Google Account is compromised, then the error code can also occur.
- A virus attack on the smartphone is also a reason for the occurrence of the error code.
Since you have understood the reasons for the error code, we can move to the next part of the article.
Fix Android Error Code 940 with the Following Methods
You can use the following methods for the best troubleshooting. Here, you have to carry out all the steps to get the best results. Hence, have a look at the methods here.
Method 1: Check the Running Status of the WiFi or Mobile Data Network
In the basic resolution, you can check if the internet connection is working properly or not. It will help you examine if the smartphone is connected to WiFi or a mobile network.
Using the Airplane Mode, the network connections will start afresh. If you are using a WiFi network, then you can restart the router.
By doing all this, if still, the error code persists, then you can follow the next fix.
Method 2: Restart the Device
Most of the issues with the Android smartphone can easily get fixed through a simple restart.
- At first, unlock the device and then press and hold the Power button. This will open up a menu on the screen.
- On the menu list, tap on the Power Off option.
- Wait for about 20 seconds. After that, press and hold the Power button to reboot the Android device.
As the device turns on, check if the app downloads or not. For the next resolution, proceed to the following section.
Method 3: Clear the Cache Data of the Google Play Store
Accumulation of cache data and files fills up the device storage. Thus, it can lead to this error code. So, to remove this data, you can carry out the following steps.
- On your smartphone, open the Settings app.
- As the app opens, scroll down to view the Applications section.
- Tap on the Application option and then scroll down to find the Google Play Store entity.
- Now, tap on it and then select the Storage option.
- After that, choose the Clear Cache option. You can also follow this process for the Google Play Services entity.
As you have done that, check if you can download the application or not. If you find that, the issue is still there, then proceed to the next one.
Method 4: Uninstall the Google Play Store Updates
Google Play Store regularly updates its interface for a better user experience. These updates can get corrupted by a virus attack. You can remove this update using the following section.
- Open the Settings menu on your smartphone.
- Under the Device section, tap on the Apps option.
- Now, again tap on the Google Play Store option.
- After that, touch the More option and then tap on the “Uninstall updates” button.
- On the pop-up window, tap on the OK button.
Now you can try to check for an error code by downloading an app. If the error code still displays, then use the next method.
Method 5: Delete the Google Account
According to some users, any issue with the Google account can easily lead to such an error. So, you can delete the Google account by following the given steps.
- Go to the Settings section of your smartphone and then tap on the Accounts section.
- This option should be present in the Personal section.
- Under the Accounts section, tap on the Google option.
- After that, tap on the More option from the top right corner.
- Now, tap on the Remove Account option.
After removing the Google account, sign in again and then check for the issue. If the above steps do not provide any solution, then follow the next solutions.
Method 6: Perform a Software Update
There are many such errors that can be easily fixed through a Software update. Google releases many updates to fix bugs and errors.
- First of all, navigate to the Settings application.
- Now, scroll down to find the About Phone option and then tap on it.
- After that, tap on the Software Update option.
- Here, select the “Check for Updates” option from the menu.
- If updates are available, then tap on the Update Now option and as it finishes, the device will restart itself.
Now, you can check if you still get the error code or not. If you still want to know more fixes, then move to the next part.
Method 7: Factory Reset the Smartphone
Factory resetting the smartphone erases all the data from your device. But before, you try to perform the steps, take a backup of them. As you have done this, proceed with the steps.
- Open the Settings and then proceed to the Personal section.
- Here, tap on the Backup & Reset option and then choose the Factory Data Reset.
- Then, select the Reset Phone button and then finally, tap on the Erase Everything option.
- As the process finishes, the device will reboot automatically.
Once the device reboots, set up your smartphone. After this, you can check if the error code persists or not.
Now, the above methods will definitely fix the Android error code 940 easily. You can also ensure that you follow all the given steps without missing any. You shouldn’t face any problem performing the steps and if you do, then use the comment section to share them.