After installing the upgraded version of the Windows Operating System, some users are encountering problems with Windows Store. In such situations, users find that the Microsoft Windows Store doesn’t connect and displays an error code 0x80072ee7 along with a notification that says “The server has stumbled”.
Under this circumstance, it is observed that the search dialog box on the Windows Store says no internet connectivity available. Whereas other applications like a web browser can easily connect to the internet without any error.
Most of the time, such kind of error is linked to the Microsoft update or Windows update. Some problems with the static DNS entries in the HOSTS file can also result in this error.
Besides, any faulty or improper updates can trigger a lot of different errors including the Microsoft error code 0x80072ee7.
Further, corrupted or missing Windows Registry files can also responsible for this error.
Reports of the error 0x80072ee7, especially on the Windows 10 platform, have been quite annoying for the users. And if this is the case, you have hit the right page. As you will be able to resolve this matter on your own by using the below-mentioned instructions.
What Causes Error Code 0x80072ee7?
It is possible to deal with the Microsoft error on your own. But, it is not going to be as straightforward as you think due to the technical complexity of the Windows OS.
Hence, you will need to figure out the exact factors responsible for this error and why appearing on your device.
After gathering all the necessary information regarding the Microsoft error, you will understand all the technicalities of the instructions. Moreover, you will be able to avoid several errors that may come your way that might trigger some other issues.
In the below section, we are going to mention all the predictable causes behind this error. So, let’s check them out and get all the important details.
- The main issue that causes this error code is when the device is unable to recognize the network path. This can trigger all sorts of issues with network connectivity. In such situations, the update process gets stuck and displays error code 0x80072ee7.
- Besides, if you are using security software for protecting your device against the malware and virus infection, then you may encounter this error. Some third-party security software can conflict with the device and as a result, such kind of error can appear on your system.
- Improper installation of the Windows Defender related files can also influence this error.
- Moreover, you can also come across this situation if your device has been affected by malware or virus infection.
Now that you know all the predictable causes behind this error. So, it’s time to proceed with the troubleshooting section to overcome this error as soon as possible.
How to Deal with Error Code 0x80072ee7?
Follow the undermentioned techniques and find out the suitable one for the Microsoft error you are encountering. We hope, these methods will help you to eradicate this glitch efficiently.
Reset the DNS Server Address
A majority of affected users claim that after resetting the DNS Server address, they find that the Microsoft error 0x80072ee7 gets removed. Therefore, you can try out this fix and check whether the error resolves.
To reset the DNS Server address, follow these steps below
Firstly, press the combination of Windows key and R simultaneously. It will launch the Run dialog box. Here, in the Run window, write “Control” and you will find the Control Panel option on the top of the search result. To access this feature from the Search result, type Control Panel and hit the appropriate option to open the window.
Once the Control Panel window opens, select the “Network and Internet” option from the appeared menu and then navigate to the “Network and Sharing Center”. Now, under the Network and Sharing Center window, click on the “Change Adapter Settings”, which is situated on the left-hand pane.
Here, you will find a new window where you need to locate the network you are currently using. Once you find it, right-click on it and choose the Properties option from the resultant menu. Afterward, you need to scroll down the page until you find the Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4).
Next, you require to choose the option named “Use the following DNS server addresses”. After that, enter the following value into the given space. For DNS Server – 126.96.36.199 and for Alternate DNS Server – 188.8.131.52
Now, save all the new changes by hitting the Apply button as well as the OK button from the appeared menu. Lastly, reboot your device and attempt to update your Windows Operating System.
Execute SFC and DISM Scan
Sometimes, system files get corrupted or damaged. Due to this purpose, you might confront error code 0x80072ee7. In this situation, you can use both the SFC and DISM utility to resolve this matter.
SFC (System File Checker) is a built-in feature that is available in all versions of Windows OS. It helps to inspect the stability of all the system files and repair them if any of them gets corrupted due to any purpose.
DISM (Deployment Image & Servicing Management) is another tool, which is also built-in into all versions of Windows OS. It helps to detect the corrupted system files and replace them with another one.
So, you can use the System File Checker tool first, after that use the DISM tool if the SFC fails to detect and repair the corrupted system files.
- First, click on the Cortana logo on the Taskbar and invoke the Search dialog box. Now, in the Search dialog box, write “Command Prompt” and hit the Enter key to proceed further.
- From the output of the search, choose the Command Prompt option and right-click on it. Then, select the option named “Run as Administrator” from the appeared menu. It will launch the Command Prompt in Admin Mode.
- Once you perform this action, UAC prompt will appear on the screen. Now, hit the Yes button from the queue window. As soon as you hit the Yes button, a new window with a black cursor will appear on the display screen.
- Now, you need to write “sfc/scannow” in the Command Prompt window and hit the Enter key to execute it. After executing the command, you will observe the following notification on the display screen. “Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations”. It will notify you that the System File Checker detect all the corrupted system files and repair them successfully.
But, in case, if you do not find this notification, then you can enter the following command into the Command Prompt window. “DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth”. Do not forget to hit the enter key after entering the command.
Finally, restart your device and check whether the error has been resolved or not.
Change the Registry Permissions
If your registry is not properly configured, then the occurrence of such error is quite common. Therefore, it is a wise decision to change the Registry permissions. To do so, follow the steps underneath.
- First of all, press the Windows key along with the R key. Then, invoke the Run window. Here, type “regedit” into the Run dialog box and hit the Enter key.
- Now, a new window will come up on the screen where you can enter the following. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetServicesTcpip.
- Afterward, right-click on the “Tcpip” and select the Permissions from the resultant menu.
When the process is over, save the new changes and review if the error gets eliminated from your device.
Eradicate the Problematic Applications
After following the above methods, if you still get the same error, then you should eradicate the corrupted application that might trigger this issue.
Step 1: Go to the Start menu and then click on the Settings. Now, into the Settings window, choose the System from the appeared menu.
Step 2: Choose the “Apps and Features” option from the queue window and select those problematic applications you need to remove from your device.
Step 3: After that, hit the Uninstall option and press OK to confirm the process.
Here, in this post, we have mentioned all the important information regarding the error code 0x80072ee7. Hopefully, after performing the above methods in their respective way, you will surely put an end to this Microsoft error.
On the other hand, you can also seek expert’s assistance for further help.